Uworld dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the_samrat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, so far..I've done UW according to sections I've studied. Example, I went over Neuro FA + Goljan and then did all the neuro q's in UW and so on for other sections. Is this a good way to do the questions?

I figured It'll be a good review of what i just covered.
I've covered ~40% of UW and before continuing, i want to make sure this is a good way to utilize UW questions.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Good luck to everyone studying/waiting for their results.

Members don't see this ad.

I would do them on random eventually. If you're doing them all on subject you get in the mindset of thinking in that system and it changes the way you think about questions. When you do them on random you have to take everything into consideration.

Just wondering, so far..I've done UW according to sections I've studied. Example, I went over Neuro FA + Goljan and then did all the neuro q's in UW and so on for other sections. Is this a good way to do the questions?

I figured It'll be a good review of what i just covered.
I've covered ~40% of UW and before continuing, i want to make sure this is a good way to utilize UW questions.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Good luck to everyone studying/waiting for their results.

Iv'e been doing the same thing but to change it up a bit I would do 1-2 sets on that subject and then 1 last set with questions on all subjects up until that point. That way you are getting a mini-review of what you have learned already when you review that set of questions. I think it has been helpful so far.

thank you both for replying.

Yes, I'm doing subject review questions the first time. I'll be doing UW a second time and plan to do everything random (at least all the questions I've marked).

Would doing another q'bank like kaplan a better alternative? than doing UW a 2nd time?

thank you both for replying.

Yes, I'm doing subject review questions the first time. I'll be doing UW a second time and plan to do everything random (at least all the questions I've marked).

Would doing another q'bank like kaplan a better alternative? than doing UW a 2nd time?

knowing uworld cold is more helpful. don't complete all the questions in each subject when you finish it, that's pointless. do neuro, goljan neuro, brs neuro etc, then do 1-2 blocks in it and move on. after a full run through of FA you should be about 1/2 done with questions this way and have half left to do. after completing uworld go back and redo the questions you missed while annotating. this is a golden approach.