UWorld not loading tonight?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRjcu08

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with Uworld loading tonight?

I keep trying to log in and get this error:
Unable to launch the client due to "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)". Please contact our support team [email protected]

Then: Unable to launch the client as service locator was unable to find suitable path. Please contact our support team [email protected]

I've tried restarting and resetting my modem & router... anyone else having similar issues?

Members don't see this ad.

I had to do some changes with my firewall and I just got it to work...
under windows firewall, add 2 rules each under inbound rules and outbound categories

The rule is for port access to port 80; allow any connection ...then another rule for access to port 443; allow any connection... do this in both inbound and outbound, and then it works
I was able to use UWorld 24 hours ago, I don't know what changed... but adding the rules makes it work :)

I will not let them win! LOL :D

Yup I'm having this same issue. I was in the middle of a test and at the end I couldn't submit. I have to do that stupid upload crap. Sigh :(