UWorld on Windows 8 appears really small

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiths11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the problem here is. I just got a new Windows 8 laptop, and downloaded UWorld. For some reason it appears extremely small when I start it up. Like extremely zoomed out. I tried changing the desktop resolution to no avail. Even the icon on my desktop, which is of normal size, is extremely blurry as if it needs to be zoomed out.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? I am screwed because I am unable to do questions due to this issue.

Please help. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea what the problem here is. I just got a new Windows 8 laptop, and downloaded UWorld. For some reason it appears extremely small when I start it up. Like extremely zoomed out. I tried changing the desktop resolution to no avail. Even the icon on my desktop, which is of normal size, is extremely blurry as if it needs to be zoomed out.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? I am screwed because I am unable to do questions due to this issue.

Please help. :(

After you create a test look at the lower right corner. There is a "slider" that has a little A and a big A, you can move the slider to the right and make the text bigger.

Ok, I'm so angry.

The slider thing never worked for me. But what worked was I right clicked on the Uworld icon, went under the "compatibility" tab and changed the compatibility to "windows xp". That made the size normal for me.

Today I had to reset my new computer for an unrelated issue; and so I had to download Uworld again. Huge mistake to reset it! Now the new downloaded icon doesn't say "UWorld qbank". It says "qbankclient" with a Java logo. The old UWorld logo is gone. It still works fine, except it's so small like usual. And worse, and most important, the "compatibility" tab is gone when I click properties!!! So now I can't change the compatibility to XP, and therefore I can't make it normal sized.

I have no idea what the hell is causing this ridiculous issue. I've tried EVERYTHING from uninstalling and reinstalling several different versions of Java, to changing the default for the .jnlp file as instructed on the UWorld faq. And I simply can't change the compatibility.

It's bad enough that for some damn reason my UWorld is ridiculously small on Windows 8.1, but now I can't even have this loophole anymore.

I am so pissed and feel like crying.

If anyone has experienced any similar issue, PLEASE help.

Thanks for reading

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else who has a 22-23" widescreen or higher at 1920x1080 have a huge white space on their screen? I'm on windows and just wondering if there's a way to fill the rest of that side. The slider for font sizing still keeps everything shifted to the left.

Small high res screens will do this. Use the slider as previously mentioned. Test centers from my experience dont have high res screens and they're usually not even wide screen.

Reactions: 1 user
It also appears small in windows 10.

Hi
do you mean that you could download and install uworld on windows 10... I have just upgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and I could not install UWorld again ...
How did you get it..

I will appreciate if you can help me with this because I am have stacked in this ... I can't go back to windows 7, not can I use my laptop to study .. and I have to find another PC to work on which is really not an easy job.

thanks

Hi
do you mean that you could download and install uworld on windows 10... I have just upgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and I could not install UWorld again ...
How did you get it..

I will appreciate if you can help me with this because I am have stacked in this ... I can't go back to windows 7, not can I use my laptop to study .. and I have to find another PC to work on which is really not an easy job.

thanks

Hi, yes I also had the same problem as you, cause I also upgraded my windows from 7 to 10. But I could go to settings and under the "compatibility" tab where I changed the compatibility to "windows xp". That made the size normal for me.

Does anyone else who has a 22-23" widescreen or higher at 1920x1080 have a huge white space on their screen? I'm on windows and just wondering if there's a way to fill the rest of that side. The slider for font sizing still keeps everything shifted to the left.

3 years later and I have the same problem, Anyone have any fixes for the giant white space on the right of my screen?