UWorld Percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

am9451

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you guys report your UW percentages, are those all on random??

I just did 3 or 4 biochem only blocks after a day of studying - just biochem, and I'm still only hitting 55-60%. How are you people getting that on random??

Members don't see this ad.

When you guys report your UW percentages, are those all on random??

I just did 3 or 4 biochem only blocks after a day of studying - just biochem, and I'm still only hitting 55-60%. How are you people getting that on random??

Can't necessarily give you any advice, but maybe some encouragement. I'm hitting about the same averages (and like you, this is on a subject specific block following a day or so of studying that subject). I haven't got to biochem yet, so I'm not really sure what the questions are like, but for example I did a block on respiratory and got like 58% or something. Once I went back and looked at the questions I realized that a lot of the info I needed to know to answer several of the questions I missed was in the micro or immuno section of FA, which I havent yet covered. What I'm saying is, just because you had a block of biochem questions, doesn't necessarily mean that topic was covered in the biochem chapters of your review books.

Also, I'm just doing subject specific blocks right now. I probably won't add on random blocks until I cover at least half the material. I afraid I'd get really frustrated trying to answer a bunch of stuff I hadn't studied yet or haven't seen since October of MS1

I'm also doing just biochem on U world right now (plus 2 other subjects) because they are the ones I just finished studying. And yes, the best score I got was app. 60% and I even get 45%. Mostly because either I've simply forgotten the material (most of the time) or it wasn't covered in the books I used. Yes, I'm getting annoyed with myself!!!!!

Nothing really matters until you actually put time in to study. Some all stars will get 65% on their first pass through the material, regardless of whether or not they have studied it, while others will get 30% through the first time. Just keep trucking along and start worrying about it once you get a month our from the test.

:)