Uworld Percentages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I know that UWorld is the absolute gold standard for USMLE and thats why I decided to give it a shot for MCAT. But I am finding it to be exceptionally tedious! it's my 5th day of studying and I just finished the 245 question Biology section and got an overall score of 68%.

I have no idea how that relates to my performance. Has anyone else taken it? Would love to get some input!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

UWorld sciences are difficult. Don't try and rate your performance just learn from the material.
Make sure to work the PS sections they are good.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes they definitely are! I just wanted to know where I stand :shy: and how it relates to other practice materials.

Thanks for the reply :)

World is relatively new, and the material is harder than AAMC, so scaling. If I remember correctly I was at 71% for PS, and somewhere in the mid 60s with sciences although physics was 40%ish. Funny thing is I average 128 in CP easily. Still waiting on my real scores though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! That's encouraging and 128 is great. You'll get a great score I'm sure. :)
I am doing 65-70 in B/B and absolutely sucking at physics! :depressed: Anyway thank you so much and all the best for your scores!!

Hey guys!

So I know that UWorld is the absolute gold standard for USMLE and thats why I decided to give it a shot for MCAT. But I am finding it to be exceptionally tedious! it's my 5th day of studying and I just finished the 245 question Biology section and got an overall score of 68%.

I have no idea how that relates to my performance. Has anyone else taken it? Would love to get some input!

Thank you!

How long did it take you to do all the Biology questions? Did you do them in timed test-like sections?

For me, No, I worked these questions in my spare time when I didn't have enough time for a FL.

How long did it take you to do all the Biology questions? Did you do them in timed test-like sections?

I did 59 + 59 + 59 + 59 + 9 question blocks. 2 of them were timed and the rest were untimed. I did 2 blocks today and 2 + the 9 one yesterday! So 118 a day. :)

I averaged all the blocks and got a 68%.

I don't understand why your percentage matters?

If you get it right, great. If you get it wrong, you figure out why and learn from it so you get it right the next time. That's the true value of the question bank.

Reactions: 1 user
I highly doubt that. USMLE is an extremely professional platform. I used it extensively for' USMLE and it helped me get good scores. I am sure its equally proficient with MCAT.

I don't understand why your percentage matters?

If you get it right, great. If you get it wrong, you figure out why and learn from it so you get it right the next time. That's the true value of the question bank.
Sometimes it's good to gauge your performance too. :) That way you can truly analyse where you stand among others, something really important in the case of MCAT, considering its supremely percentile driven.

Sometimes it's good to gauge your performance too. :) That way you can truly analyse where you stand among others, something really important in the case of MCAT, considering its supremely percentile driven.

I get that, but using a QBank to gauge your performance vs others doesn't seem to be productive. Especially because while they can be MCAT style questions, they are not AAMC MCAT questions.
Run through the QBank again. If you did it right the first time, your percentages should be higher, and 100% on any QBank does not mean 100% on the actual MCAT.

Time and again, the consensus has come back that the only things worth considering comparing are AAMC practice FLs because they are actually predictive. I think that with how neurotic and anxious pre-meds can get, comparing percentages on a QBank with little predictive or statistical value is just asking for trouble. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 users