Uworld percentile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahwhatever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the overall percentile on uworld factor in grades from people who did multiple run throughs of uworld or is it grades from only first time test takers? Because I'm sure the second time around people must be getting close to 90s in their exams, so it if that's the case, the percentile wouldn't be too accurate. Just wondering how to gauge my performance, 'cause my percentile score is not great, but this is my first round.

Members don't see this ad.

Does the overall percentile on uworld factor in grades from people who did multiple run throughs of uworld or is it grades from only first time test takers? Because I'm sure the second time around people must be getting close to 90s in their exams, so it if that's the case, the percentile wouldn't be too accurate. Just wondering how to gauge my performance, 'cause my percentile score is not great, but this is my first round.

I can't imagine that they would try to differentiate the two groups, it would be too hard.

When people "reset" their Q-bank, would that go as 1st time through or 2nd? I bet they could figure it out, but I dont think it really matters. Just make sure you are learning from the questions, and dont worry so much about what your percentage is

I've always wondered this, but i cant see how they possibly differentiate people who do new quizzes for 'all wrong answers' or 'all marked questions' and keep the scores for first answers only.

it's probably everything

I would say that almost nobody goes through Uworld more than once. Seriously, almost nobody does that. So thus it probably has minimal but slight affect and is not accounted for by Uworld (waste of time). Most average med students don't even manage to finish it once through... most gunners realize that if you do it twice and are getting 90%, then 90% of your time was likely wasted reviewing stuff you already know...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say that almost nobody goes through Uworld more than once. Seriously, almost nobody does that. So thus it probably has minimal but slight affect and is not accounted for by Uworld (waste of time). Most average med students don't even manage to finish it once through... most gunners realize that if you do it twice and are getting 90%, then 90% of your time was likely wasted reviewing stuff you already know...

Almost every person I've ever encountered who is studying for Step 1 or 2 has done UWorld at least twice.

Almost every person I've ever encountered who is studying for Step 1 or 2 has done UWorld at least twice.

i know ppl who did uworld twice as well (for step 2)....and said that was one of the reasons they rocked (250+) but i know for step 1, that i didn't finish it once through. for step 2 though it does look like i'll at least finish it once and could do a 2nd round if i needed to re-do the incorrects.

i know ppl who did uworld twice as well (for step 2)....and said that was one of the reasons they rocked (250+) but i know for step 1, that i didn't finish it once through. for step 2 though it does look like i'll at least finish it once and could do a 2nd round if i needed to re-do the incorrects.

I agree there are definitely ppl that do it twice, I just don't think it's that common (maybe 10% of students really go through UW 2x completely?).

I disagree that it's necessarily helpful. I COMPLETELY agree that going over the ones you got WRONG is HUGELY helpful. I also know several students, including myself that were well over 250 and did NOT go through it x2. So I guess that just shows it's not necessarily the "golden ticket" to a good score, but won't kill you either.

I do think it would be really silly not to review all the questions you got wrong though and read up on these topics since this is where you've just proven to yourself you need help. From my experience this was the most helpful of anything. Example: Knowing to use Ca-gluconate in hyperkalemia is important, and apparently I just couldn't get that through my thick head because I missed like 5 questions on it in UW... reviewing those made it pretty darn obvious it was important and I sucked at the concept...(And yes, it was on my step 2 as well!)

Jeez Louise guys, maybe I have gunner friends, but I would say honestly about 75% of my med school classmates/friends did UW twice.