UWorld Timing Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleerkalut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a tough time with time management on UWorld while doing IM questions and this scares the hell out of me because my understanding is that the IM questions are extremely long. I usually start out with decent or even good timing but then I get hung up on a couple of questions that I know I can get right if I think a bit more and all of a sudden I'm behind. Any advice?

I don't want to just click and move on because I know I can get those right (and I do) but this is becoming a major issue.

As a side note, people that have done well on the Medicine shelf, what have your UW % been like? Thanks to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Medicine questions do tend to take longer than a lot of other questions with UW and on the shelf. I have completed every shelf for the clinical years and medicine is the only one I finished with less than 2 minutes to go. For every other shelf, I was reviewing questions for the last 20-30 minutes. The length issue was also a problem for many of my fast test taking friends.

There are always going to be the questions that you describe above which take longer. The key is just to not get hung up on those questions, mark them, and come back to them. You don't want to blow five other questions because of 1 question worth the same amount of points. A lot of times, a fresh look at the question twenty minutes later can help you answer it.

I took the medicine shelf a year ago and all of my UW questions have been reset, so I have no idea what percentage I got.