uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zuhal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
this might sound like a bit of a odd question but i started uworld last night and I am so pretty shocked. All I've been hearing for the past 3 months or so is how detailed and long their explanations are, and how good they are with referencing FA etc. Well I didn't see any of that last night. Has the software changed recently? Granted I've only done 46 questions so far but I would say the explanations to the questions are not longer than Kaplan's explanations and they do not reference FA anywhere...What's going on? I'm confused :S

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm using the application version that you download on your computer

Members don't see this ad.

Hey
this might sound like a bit of a odd question but i started uworld last night and I am so pretty shocked. All I've been hearing for the past 3 months or so is how detailed and long their explanations are, and how good they are with referencing FA etc. Well I didn't see any of that last night. Has the software changed recently? Granted I've only done 46 questions so far but I would say the explanations to the questions are not longer than Kaplan's explanations and they do not reference FA anywhere...What's going on? I'm confused :S

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm using the application version that you download on your computer

I would say that the answers are much better than Kaplan's answers, which can sometimes consist of about one/two lines of text that has nothing to do with anything in first aid and a random reference to a page that contains nothing about the answer on it. I find that almost all of the UWorld questions that I've done have had very good explanations save a couple.

They do not explicitly reference FA though, you'll have to find the pages yourself (so either know FA really well or learn how to use the index in 2013...I wouldn't even try to use the 2012 index because it blows). There are pdf versions of 2012 and 2013 floating around the interwebz too so you can download those and just search the pdf for keywords if you really don't know where to reference a question.

I will warn you that some questions really don't have any reference in FA but since Uworld is widely considered to be the best prep for the real deal, I'd advise making notes about those questions somewhere. For instance, there are quite a few anatomy questions that have no reference in FA.