UWSA 1--Accurate Prediction??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanquish

Soldier of Fortune
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just did UWSA 1 to get an idea of where i stand. I ended up with a 238. I am very unsatisfied with this score to say the least. Everyone seems to be hitting 260s on the UWSAs and some say it overpredicts by +20:confused:. If that is indeed the case then I would seem to be ill prepared. I would like your opinions regarding this predicament...(esp. all of you step1 veterans out there....Mcgillgrad, kryptik, etc.):)

Members don't see this ad.

^^^Also I forgot to mention that I had a 75 % cumulative average on UW for my first pass. So how does this UWSA score reflect on that?? Thanks.:oops:

Not sure if your 238 score on UWSA would reflect in a 218 score on the real deal. That's because people getting 70%++ scores in UW usually perform a lot better. And I did see people with good correlation of UWSA. I'd say it didn't overestimate a lot in your case. Do a NBME to see where you really stand.

I thought people are virtually always like right at UW1 or within 10 of this on the real exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
It will be interesting to see how scores shake out this year compared to the UWSA's. If they are anything close to the actual scores I will be partying for days!

I feel like the curves on the NBME's this year were really harsh, especially 7 and 12. My UWSA scores that were taken in a week's proximity to both of those were 10-20 points higher.