Uwsa Score correlation after recent update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halothane27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone!!! not too sure if others have experienced the same thing with the recent update with UWSA. But I took NBME 4 week ago, score was 235. Took UWSA yday score was 221. That is a huge difference, another friend of mine took the assessment before the update, where there were 46 questions per block as oppose to the 40 there are now. Has anyone else felt that the new update has a strange scoring curve? Can anyone shed some light on it. I know there haven't been many form discussing this new detail. I am set to write the exam in 2 weeks and definitely in no position to change the date, so am slightly freaking out and strarting to question my prep.

Also the assessment is sightly harder then NBME 4, however it is a good reflection of what uworld qbank is like just incase someone was wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

bump.

I had a similar experience and my exam is in 2 weeks. I scored above average percentage on all 4 blocks yet scored well below the national average score. I don't know what to make of it

bump.

I had a similar experience and my exam is in 2 weeks. I scored above average percentage on all 4 blocks yet scored well below the national average score. I don't know what to make of it

Yah same here, I scored overall 70% and the score was as mentioned above. I mean I know I cannot expect a 240 with overall 70, but definitely dropping from 235 is a huge hit.

I hate having to use uworld qbank avg as a estimator because I didn't reset it on my second pass. So that number is virtually useless for me. I am not too sure what to make of it either. There are all sorts of rumors about the nbme's, like 4 is better than 6. Then UWSA and 7 are overall most predictive. My exam's in 10 days, and other then freaking out every now and then, there is very little explanation for this out there.

Also speaking to other members on this forum, it's true what they say, that new scores have not been released since the update. So it be hard to tell the correlation. And given many will be expect scores over the next two weeks prior to application, I think it might be a bit too late for both of us to gauge UWSA predictability.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey there everyone!!! not too sure if others hae experienced the same thing with the recent update with UWSA. But I took NBME 4 week ago, score was 235. Took UWSA yday score was 221. That is a huge difference, another friend of mine took the assessment before the update, where there were 46 questions per block as oppose to the 40 there are now. Has anyone else felt that the new update has a strange scoring curve? Can anyone shed some light on it. I know there haven't been many form discussing this new detail. I am set to write the exam in 2 weeks and definitely in no position to change the date, so am slightly freaking out and strarting to question my prep.

Also the assessment is sightly harder then NBME 4, however it is a good reflection of what uworld qbank is like just incase someone was wondering.

I had a similar issue. Took UWSA and NBME 4 back to back actually and got a 249 on NBME 4 and a 221 on UWSA. I don't understand either. I found the stems to be crazy long though and I guess that was done to mimic the actual test. Block breakdown: 60/69/75/63, so kind of all over the place. I had a lot of noise in my house that day too though, so maybe that impaired my concentration? I made a few really stupid mistakes and on a couple of questions I overcomplicated a straightforward case and didn't trust my intuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, so do u have any update about this issue?! I did uwsa about 2 weeks ago right before my scheduled CK exam and the frustration of low score forced me to cancel my exam since my UWSA score right before exam was even significantly lower than my baseline NBME score before starting my 3 months preparation...

Hey guys, so do u have any update about this issue?! I did uwsa about 2 weeks ago right before my scheduled CK exam and the frustration of low score forced me to cancel my exam since my UWSA score right before exam was even significantly lower than my baseline NBME score before starting my 3 months preparation...
Nobody will know until tomorrow when scores are released.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,i wanted to share my experience about taking UWSA after recalibration.i took UWSA as my last self assessment 2 weeks before my test date
(july 31).i scored 221 and that was a drop from all my previous nbme scores.was devastated but having no chance to postpone my exam i took it on my previously designated test date.My score came out today and i got 239.I would say the new UWSA underestimates the score by a lot.Hope this helps.All the best.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here.. Took 4 days before my test, scored a 253, 265 on the real deal. So if you do it on test day conditions, you should probably expect a 10 point rise in your final score

Reactions: 1 user
I have my exam this friday and I did UWSA 2 weeks ago and I got a 220! :( . At that time I just had 30% of the qbank done. Now I am almost done with the qbank so I will let you know my score as soon as I have it . Hopefully a good one :oops: ...