UWSA vs NBME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDSlacker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a couple weeks into my dedicated study period and have about 5 weeks left. I was planning on taking 3 practice tests during this time off. My school gives us the UWSA 2 and then I was planning on purchasing NBME 13 and 15. Would you guys recommend to do the UWSA or do an additional NBME test instead. Money isn't really an issue so I'm not worried about wasting the free SA and purchasing a NBME but just want to do what would be the best use of my time. I guess what I'm basically asking is which is better, UWSA 2 or NBME 11?

Members don't see this ad.

Why not the best of both worlds? Buy another NBME (11 or 12) and then still do UWSA 2. I am a big fan of the UWSAs because they are UW questions with good explanations. Even if you only do one block at a time of UWSA 2 (has to be done within 2 weeks though) I think you should get it done. That's not so bad right, 1 block every few days.

However, if one block at a time of UWSA 2 isn't doable go with the third NBME. It's best to know how those NBME fogies write questions.

I guess taking NBME's would be most predictive. But you would definitely learn MUCH MORE from UWSA. Depends on what you want if you really had to choose. But I would advice to take them both, if money is not an issue as you are saying, then do both.