Uwsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gigi333

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me out with this. I recently took the Usmle world self assessment test and didn't do as great as I was hoping to. I got 43 questions wrong out of 176, which is almost an entire block. Even so I clicked on the tab to see my 3 digit score and it listed a 247? Doesn't seem to make sense at all for that many questions wrong. Is this a mistake on their part or whats going on?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

So I averaged 79.5% on all the sections at it gave me a 256, which would mean I got 36 questions wrong. So yeah, I guess your score is about right

Members don't see this ad :)
Like the USMLE, I'm pretty sure UWSA grades you based on the question, not the overall percent correct.

For example, you are deducted fewer points for getting a question incorrect that only 12% of the population answered correctly.

Like the USMLE, I'm pretty sure UWSA grades you based on the question, not the overall percent correct.

For example, you are deducted fewer points for getting a question incorrect that only 12% of the population answered correctly.
Thats actually false. They state somewhere on their website that all questions are counted equally.

This is not how the USMLE works. They don't count the experimental questions, but aside from those, all questions carry the same weight regardless of "difficulty".

This is not how the USMLE works. They don't count the experimental questions, but aside from those, all questions carry the same weight regardless of "difficulty".

I used to think that before I saw a couple score report sheets from the USMLE. I got a score in the 240's and my bar chart was all to the right with quite a few stars, only one bar was partially in the gray area. Otherwise I would describe it being off the charts. A friend of mine got the same exact score as me and had bars all over the place - with like 4 in the borderline area, crossing into the low performance zone and not as many stars. Makes me believe that there is weightage for different questions depending on how others do. I felt like I got an easy exam so the curve was probably tougher

I used to think that before I saw a couple score report sheets from the USMLE. I got a score in the 240's and my bar chart was all to the right with quite a few stars, only one bar was partially in the gray area. Otherwise I would describe it being off the charts. A friend of mine got the same exact score as me and had bars all over the place - with like 4 in the borderline area, crossing into the low performance zone and not as many stars. Makes me believe that there is weightage for different questions depending on how others do. I felt like I got an easy exam so the curve was probably tougher

Hmm..you could be right. I've just always been told that the questions carry the same weight. Sorry if I spread misinformation, just passing along what I've been told.

I used UWSA as my diagnostic today, first day of my step 2 studyin and got a 231. Knowing that it already beat my Step 1 score is pretty fkn awesome lol.

My break down was

block 1: 56%
block 2: 72%
block 3: 77%
block 4: 70%

54 questions wrong

Once again, I stumble out of the gate, it's been my Achilles heel for 3 years! Arg

So is the agreement that the UWSA overpredicts though? If that's the case I'm going to stick to my one month study plan. If it's relatively accurate.. i don't think I need a month

Bump...

Just took UWSA form 1. I've looked at some of the other threads and have seen that it seemed to underestimate scores. Is this the consensus?

Bump...

Just took UWSA form 1. I've looked at some of the other threads and have seen that it seemed to underestimate scores. Is this the consensus?

well now I'm just confused lol.... form 1? I thought there only was one?

There is only one.

I got a 259 on the UWSA and a 264 in the actual. Pretty close...