Va-md

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats, Fargeese!!! That must feel amazing! So are you going to VA-MD for sure, or are you waiting to hear back from others still? (I can't recall if this is your first acceptance or not.)

Yay! Congrats, again! :)

Members don't see this ad.

This is my first acceptance, I am waiting on Wisconsin and Minnesota. I am pretty sure that I am out for WI, but had a good interview at MN, and one of my interviewers even said he's see me in the fall. Which would I go to? I am going to wait first to see if there is a choice before I even think about it!

Frankly, I am so excited right now that schools I didn't even apply to could call and reject me and I would say "thanks for calling!":laugh:

Frankly, I am so excited right now that schools I didn't even apply to could call and reject me and I would say "thanks for calling!":laugh:

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats fargeese, you earned it!! :D :D :D

This is my first post, as I just became a member. (I'm not even sure how to add a picture under my name!) I, too, was rejected from Va-Md, and I'm IS. I had an interview so I had my hopes up! Just wanted to let some of you guys know that you're not alone!

This is my first acceptance, I am waiting on Wisconsin and Minnesota. I am pretty sure that I am out for WI, but had a good interview at MN, and one of my interviewers even said he's see me in the fall. Which would I go to? I am going to wait first to see if there is a choice before I even think about it!

Congrats, fargeese!

Hope to see you this fall =)

Congratulations to everyone who got in - esp. Fargeese (my long lost twin :)) and Mistifical (another 2nd-timer)!

Has anyone gotten anything in the mail from VMRCVM yet? I'm don't really want to call ...I know I was one of the few that got an interview because others declined theirs and don't have a very good chance... but I would like to know for sure, haha

Yeah - I got my letter in the mail last Tuesday (2/19). You haven't gotten it yet? Are you out of state?

I got a letter in the mail like two days after I called, so last week sometime. It was a denial dated February 14, 2008. I'm in state (MD), so hopefully you'll get something soon, too.

Yeah, I'm up in New Hampshire... so maybe it's just taking a few days. The mail here is also notorious for taking a long time to be sorted.

Sigh. I'm sure I'll get the rejection sooner or later...

Letter came tuesday the 19th as well. I'm only about 5 hours from Blacksburg however. Best of luck to you.

Hey future classmates!

Did anyone mail their acceptance of the acceptance :) letter yet?
If so, to whom did you address it? Should it be addressed to Mr. Turnwald?

Members don't see this ad :)
VetMed, I did send in my acceptance letter! I addressed it Dr. Turnwald. They were really quick. I mailed it on the weekend and got an e-mail on Tuesday from Joyce saying they got it.

VetMed, I did send in my acceptance letter! I addressed it Dr. Turnwald. They were really quick. I mailed it on the weekend and got an e-mail on Tuesday from Joyce saying they got it.

Thanks a lot! I called Joyce, and she told me to address it to DVM Admissions Committee, so that's what I did. I'm sending it out today.

I'm on the alternate list for OOS. Apparently they don't send you anything if you're an alternate... so if you haven't received anything you may want to give them a call!

I called and Joyce said the same! Please decline VMRCVM by April 15, OOSers, so that I can take your slot! ;)

Is the open house for Class of 2012 the same as the general open house on April 5th?

Thanks!

Is the open house for Class of 2012 the same as the general open house on April 5th?

Thanks!

I know it was last year: the same day for students and general public. I think students get access to more things though. They also sell a lot of VMRCVM stuff (clothing and such), so if you want to purchase anything, bring cash. The stuff they sell is only available during the open house.

Yea, there is just one big open house for the community and prospective students, and really anyone who wants to come! Down in the first year classroom, there will be some of us to chat with you all and answer questions, try on lab coats to figure out your size, etc... There are also tours to take, fun demonstrations to watch, and lots-o-merchandise to buy - checks and cash are fine. I will most likely be there all day helping out with something or other.

You all should definately make a point to come - especially if you are a MD-er and didn't get a chance to come to the school for interviews! I am pretty sure the date is April 5th - not sure of the times though. Any more questions, feel to ask! :D

i haven't heard a peep from VA-MD since i turned in my app..so does that mean i've been rejected? since they're already doing interviews and i never got invited??:confused:

i haven't heard a peep from VA-MD since i turned in my app..so does that mean i've been rejected? since they're already doing interviews and i never got invited??:confused:

Cattygirl i would give them a call and ask them to check on the status of your application. I was in your exact same boat. I called them up and they informed me that they mailed me a letter of non-acceptance back in early November. Clearly I never received it so when i asked her to send it to me again she goes "oh sure - we can send you another rejection letter" (yeah that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside). Anyway, not that this is your case, but I would call and follow up. Even though knowing sometimes isn't good, knowing is better than wondering! (wow i didn't mean for that to sound like the grey's anatomy quote...:p!)

thanks calpardNY! i will definitely give them a call next week..do you know is it possible to be on the alternate list even if you never received an interview?

I don't know. I kinda asked that question but she blew it off and went back to that they had on record that they sent me a letter in November even if I never got it.

For your sake Ill hope so though! Good luck! Let me know what happens!

FYI: For those of us who are closet facebook addicts, I found VMRCVM 2012 group.:D

Does anyone know when the deadline for FAFSA is for Fall 2008?