VA relocation incentive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psycho1391

Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The job that I'm considering within the VA is putting together a relocation incentive package for me. Does anyone have experience with VHA relocation incentives? If so, I would appreciate you input!

Members don't see this ad.

I had one, what's your question?
I have a few

1) Procs/cons of the incentive process
2) Do they provide you with a detailed guide on how it all works before you sign the final contract

Any other insights would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure about pros/cons per se, as it's usually just yes or no, are they even offering it. Just remember that a relo incentive is different than relo reimbursement.

Mine was a relo incentive, which in essence, is kind of like a signing bonus. You can do whatever the hell you want with it. This is different than a relo reimbursement package, wherein you are reimbursed for moving expenses, which either requires the employer to manage move related things, or you to keep and submit all receipts.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine was a relo incentive, which in essence, is kind of like a signing bonus. You can do whatever the hell you want with it. This is different than a relo reimbursement package, wherein you are reimbursed for moving expenses, which either requires the employer to manage move related things, or you to keep and submit all receipts
Oooh. I didn't know there was a difference. Thanks for the insight. I'll make sure to clarify.

Also, remember that something like a relocation incentive is taxable income.
Yep. They mentioned that.

So, now to see how much they will offer (yay negotiation /s)