Vacant Residency Spots in Canada: Where are they published?

Started by Knightmd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Knightmd

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where do Canadian programs post their vacant PGY2-5 spots? So if a resident decides to quit his surgery program, where would I find out about it? I'm a prelim (i.e. PGY1) Canadian resident in the US and am fully eligible for advanced spots in Canada, but I have no idea where they would be posted. Thanks.
 
I'd make yourself known to program directors by email in advance of the post-match. Actually, do it any time of year. If there's a vacancy a program will want o try to fill it ASAP. Mid year hires aren't unheard of.

The absolute best is if an MD known to the program writes in for you. Much lower chance of getting ignored.