vacation anyone?----for fun

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildfocus

DVM/PhD student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm working tons this summer, so we don't get to go on our annual backpacking trip to Glacier NP (no vacation before school starts :(). as i head to my weekend job, i could use some inspiration. what's everyone's last hurrah?

Members don't see this ad.

Tanzania for two weeks in June.... and work for the rest of the summer!

I'm lucky enough to be going to Paris!! I've never been so i'm really excited. I hope everyone else gets to have at least some fun before we are thrown to the wolves in vet school.

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• DSC02676.jpg
    DSC02676.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02687.jpg
    DSC02687.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02385.jpg
    DSC02385.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77
Island hopping in Greece for two weeks! (Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Ios), then Reno for a week to visit family, then Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to save enough money to quit my job so I will definitely take pleasure in doing absolutely nothing over summer. I hope everyone gets a chance to relax at least a little bit before school.

i'm working tons this summer, so we don't get to go on our annual backpacking trip to Glacier NP (no vacation before school starts :(). as i head to my weekend job, i could use some inspiration. what's everyone's last hurrah?

At least you won't be the only one working tons this summer...I'll be doing the same thing. We can keep each other company here while everyone else travels :p Looking forward to working with more birds of prey during my internship this summer though, so I guess that'll make up for not going anywhere!

Backpacking Europe! London, Amsterdam, Stuttgart, Vienna, Venice, Lausanne, Paris. I am SO excited. And then later on I'm visiting family in Singapore and Malaysia. Woohoo!

if you're in paris, you need to see the catacombs--wall-to-wall bones, a km or so underground.

glacier national park in b.c.? or in the u.s.? we drove to pacific rim national park last summer with the dogs and came back, stopping at glacier n.p. in b.c. it was GORGEOUS. the dogs made it the three miles straight up to the glacier and played in the snow in august.

Attachments

• gnp1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 90
  • gnp2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 89
  • gnp3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 85
glacier national park in b.c.? or in the u.s.?

gnp in the states (and one summer started in waterton in alberta and ended in glacier). oh, we love it so!! here are some of the mountaintop pics.

Attachments

• gnp1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 79
  • gnp4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 85
  • gnp5.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 82
Went on Alaskan Cruise last June. Went to Hot Springs, Arkansas to watch the horses run two weeks ago over spring break.

I didn't win the superbowl, but I did get into vet school... So I'm going to Disneyworld!:D

I'm trying to stretch my available (and pending accrual) vacation days to cover my trip to Kansas this month, and hopefully a week (or unfortunately maybe less) in the Adirondacks (upstate NY mountains) this summer, June maybe.

Till then, I'll be working as usual. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I'm going to be poor for a very long time, I'm going to the Kentucky Derby while I can afford it and going (hopefully) on a road trip out west.

Habibti - youre like the only one here with an avatar that doesnt contain an animal. Though it is a car with an animal name, so maybe it counts! ;)

My father-in-law is taking the whole family on an Amazon river cruise in Peru for 16 days. We are so excited. I love rainforests! I'm gonna live it up since after this vacation, it could be 10 years before I get another one.

Enjoy your last summer of freedom for awhile everyone!

For most of the summer I will be stuck in Kansas working, but at the end of July I am going to Vermont and Maine!! I'm very excited to get a break before vet school starts.

Going to Iceland for 10 days pretty much immediately after my department's graduation ceremony. Which is a little premature as a celebration, because then I'm coming back to spend the rest of the summer actually completing and filing my thesis...

wow - i am sooo excited for you all! i think collectively we have hit every continent, except australia/new zealand (but some of us are moving there, so let's count it too). my spouse is now saying we can go somewhere (i.e., british columbia) for an extended weekend. he said he is paying, so yippiee!!

wow - i am sooo excited for you all! i think collectively we have hit every continent, except australia/new zealand (but some of us are moving there, so let's count it too).

<<------ actively working on trying to correct that :) :)

Going to the Caribbean with hubby and a few friends (haven't picked an island yet but British Virgin Islands are front runners) for a week and getting married there! =)

Gonna have a crazy summer as we are selling our house in Austin in mid june, I'll move into my condo in College Station in mid may, then actually live in his condo in San Antonio, that we haven't actually bought yet until school starts lol!

going to cancun for some beach and sun in may, and then hopefully canoeing at the boundary waters in august before school starts!

Going to the Caribbean with hubby and a few friends (haven't picked an island yet but British Virgin Islands are front runners) for a week and getting married there! =)

Gonna have a crazy summer as we are selling our house in Austin in mid june, I'll move into my condo in College Station in mid may, then actually live in his condo in San Antonio, that we haven't actually bought yet until school starts lol!

yaay! heck of a summer InfiniVet! best wishes to you :)

What is a vacation? My summer is nothing but summer school and working full time

Thanks Emio! =)

This is slightly off topic, but I know there's a few folks in Australia who frequent these boards... If you were me and had potentially 3 weeks in June "down under" where would you go? Feel free to PM me if you'd like :)

I guess my vacation plans in Australia don't really count since

#1 I am already in Australia, and

#2 I am already in vet school,

but anyhows...

My grand plan is to spend the entire july break on a road trip! The plan is to drive from Sydney to Townsville for a Cattle Vets conference, then to Alice Springs and Uluru, down to Coober Pedy and back to Sydney. It will be an 8000km drive!!! Very exciting :D

(actually it is totally distracting me from my uni work!!! Must... study.....)

PS, JIKJen124 as you will be coming in winter it is probably best for you to check out some of the more northern parts of Australia, which I myself have not spent that much time in. But there are lots of amazing places! Check out such websites as

http://www.australia.com/home_au.aust?L=en&C=AU
http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/
http://www.tourismnt.com.au/

Our winters aren't that cold though, and Sydney is lovely year round, Melbourne is always fantastic but gets down to only a few degrees C and can be a bit rainy- and basically the top half of the country is always hot!

You would think, given that I spent 3 years in undergrad studying Australia, that planning this trip would be easy!! Wrong! I'm still having trouble deciding where to go, but I'm thinking Sydney, Townsville/Cairns depending on which I can get to, maybe finding my way to the "middle" - Ayers Rock/Alice Springs, Melbourne and then home. Sort of the same trip you'll be taking, Holly!

Thanks for the links:)