Vacation time after the start of clinical sessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

small

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here at the University of Colorado they are considering replacing our 3-week summer vacation and one-week spring break (maybe the one after end of spring semester) with 10 personal days in order to keep clinics open during these times. I'm just curious about what kind of vacations and how much students at other dental schools receive. Do you have block rotations for summer clinics? Everyone off? Only two weeks for winter break? I'd appreciate your feedback, it might be helpful in fighting or negotiating this change here at Colorado.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

wow talk about getting a raw deal

time off from 20 days to 10

we get 2 weeks before the start of summer clinic and 3 weeks off at the end of summer clinic

Members don't see this ad :)
that is at case

Well i'm just a first year, but i'm pretty sure the breaks work the same for everyone. We get a one week spring break, one week at the end of spring semester, on week during summer session, and 4 weeks at the end of summer session. We also get ~ 4 weeks for winter break.

And i thought we were getting the shaft by not getting all summer off like in undergrad! I guess I should count my blessings.

<3wvu.

We have a week off at the end of spring semester and an optional 4 weeks off in August, where we can either take the entire time off or part of it. Though at Pitt, we have 4 days worth of emergency rotations that have to be completed during either of these times. We can also miss 10 clinic session per semester without being penalized.