Vadnerbilt University!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. H

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my first interview, WITHOUT even doing that horrendous secondary that I wasn't even planning ondoing!!!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i'm hyped!

Members don't see this ad.

yo congrats man - hah and you weren't going to do the secondary. people are getting a lot of love already, thats pretty sweet.
-jot

how did you get an interview without turning in your secondary? anyways...congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought vandy was basing interviews more on the primary than secondary! congrats, man.
the info they sent me made it seem like they encourage you to fill out the secondary but that interview decisions were based on the primary. you have to fill the secondary out eventually, but it's not a requirement for getting an interview.
my app's on hold there for august mcat. i thought it was pretty nice of them to tell me this! at least i know they've looked at my app.

hmm.
dont know if i should do that secondary if it looks like they're offering interviews without it. save me the money.
p

just want to add -- i'm not positive about them only basing the interview on the primary. they may select strong applicants for interview based solely on the primary but use the secondary for borderline people. i'm going to do the secondary, because they do encourage you to fill it out, and if you end up getting an interview you have to fill it out.

let me say, it was a shock, there was a small envelope. And I was like what the F do they want?

but whateva, its a mixed blessings of sorts cuz I have to do that damn secondary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by lola
i thought vandy was basing interviews more on the primary than secondary! congrats, man.
the info they sent me made it seem like they encourage you to fill out the secondary but that interview decisions were based on the primary. you have to fill the secondary out eventually, but it's not a requirement for getting an interview.
my app's on hold there for august mcat. i thought it was pretty nice of them to tell me this! at least i know they've looked at my app.

Same here-app in the " Hold Category" for Fall Mcat. So is there a specific number that they are looking for ?

I also got a letter in the mail asking for an interview too. However, I have not quite completed the secondary. Should I wait until I finish before setting up the interview or just call now?

I am not sure, if you know that you can get done with it before the interview then you shouldn't have a problem setting it up now.
lata man

Come on Mr. H, is the secondary THAT torturous?? Anyways, it will be worth it when you see Vanderbilt...you will be impressed.

Good Luck

I just got an interview invite from Vandy today. It also reminded me to turn in the secondary (which I already sent in)... so I'm guessing they don't use the secondary to screen for interview. Odd...
Well, then again... they do interview 25%.

Oh well... Nashville here we come!! :clap:

Hoorah for all of you guys :clap: :clap:

I do have a sorta random question for you guys, though: what schools are you from? Lookin at Vandy's class profiles, they don't really seem to take kids from no-name schools (such as mine :rolleyes: ) and I was wondering if the same was holding up this year.

BTW, go see the replica parthenon they have in nashville while you're there -- it's apparently an exact copy, and it's really amazing to visit :)

congrats, nashville is alright. i was there for meharry's interview.. be sure to drive by there and give them the finger for me.. :D