Validity

Started by D.O.Spot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D.O.Spot

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does being listed with the World Health Organization validify a Medical School? I am not asking if it determines if it is top notch or not, but rather if it indicates that it is a recognized program that has the ability to turn out a quality physician.
 
D.O.Spot said:
Does being listed with the World Health Organization validify a Medical School? I am not asking if it determines if it is top notch or not, but rather if it indicates that it is a recognized program that has the ability to turn out a quality physician.

No, it only means the WHO was informed that the programme exists. They don't scrutinize the programmes, as far as I know, so no formal recognition or validity can be granted.
 
That's just what I was looking for. I appreciate your response(s).