Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That makes it sound like the MCAT is a more grueling process than step 1. Everyone I know that did well on the MCAT studied at least 12 weeks, and usually more. The people that do really well with 6 weeks of MCAT prep are definitely the exceptions. So why does everyone that's been through both tests make it sound like step 1 is 100 times harder than the MCAT?We had a total of 7 weeks (one of which was spring break), and I only ended up studying for 6 weeks. I know some of my classmates only used 4-5. I think it depends on how much studying you need to do and whether you prefer to go hard for a shorter period of time or spread your studying out over a longer period of time. By the end of 6 weeks I just didn't have it in me to study hard anymore; that last week was a complete waste, and I wish I had taken my test a week earlier.