Vanderbilt applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MZN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does scholorly activities mean in the question "what research or scholorly activities would you be intersted in pursuing as a medical student?" If I do not really want to do research, does anyone have suggestions of how to answer this question? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

it doesn't have to be biomedical research. research can be in anything...history of medicine, medical anthropology, etc. that said, vanderbilt is a big research institution, so i suggest that you make up something in response based on your previous research work. i don't think they'll hold you to your words as a med student. give 'em what they want to hear.

-joe joe

well reserach doesn't just encompass bio stuff - it can be history, social, economic, epi or public health stuff. perhpas you know this already - but just saying there is broader def to reserach

Members don't see this ad :)
Yuck I am reminded I need to start the Vanderbilt secondary.

just a reminder to not waste time on the vandy seconadry unless you have an invite there - they invite purelly based off the primary - that goes for the app fee too