1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Vanderbilt applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MZN, Oct 8, 2002.

1. MZN

MZN Member
    7+ Year Member

What does scholorly activities mean in the question "what research or scholorly activities would you be intersted in pursuing as a medical student?" If I do not really want to do research, does anyone have suggestions of how to answer this question? Thank you

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    it doesn't have to be biomedical research. research can be in anything...history of medicine, medical anthropology, etc. that said, vanderbilt is a big research institution, so i suggest that you make up something in response based on your previous research work. i don't think they'll hold you to your words as a med student. give 'em what they want to hear.

-joe joe

4. jot

jot

well reserach doesn't just encompass bio stuff - it can be history, social, economic, epi or public health stuff. perhpas you know this already - but just saying there is broader def to reserach

5. gotgirth

gotgirth Greatest Icon in Wrestlng
    7+ Year Member

Yuck I am reminded I need to start the Vanderbilt secondary.

6. jot

jot

just a reminder to not waste time on the vandy seconadry unless you have an invite there - they invite purelly based off the primary - that goes for the app fee too