Vanderbilt "application received" email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Vandy saying they got my application..

"We are so excited that you are an applicant to Vanderbilt's 2007 First Year Class!"

"Applying to medical school takes longer than any of us wish. Remember that the AMCAS application deadline is November 15, 2006."

Did anyone else get this? Should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha...I got that email too. Don't know what it means...

PT

Yeah, they sent out last year's e-mail and forgot to update it. You're fine.

I got an email from Vandy saying they got my application..

"We are so excited that you are an applicant to Vanderbilt's 2007 First Year Class!"

"Applying to medical school takes longer than any of us wish. Remember that the AMCAS application deadline is November 15, 2006."

Did anyone else get this? Should I be concerned?

Vandy screens
good luck

So I guess you'll hear a decision soon? :laugh:

Good luck guys, I'm moving to Nashville in a little over 2 weeks and classes start a day from yesterday! Vandy is an amazing school (our class gets to break in the new anatomy lab, 10th floor of a new building, which has touchscreen lcd monitors above every dissecting table!!!) Our class is also going to break in the new curriculum for the VMS I and VMS II's so the kinks will surely be worked out for you.

Rumor has it that VMS has the happiest students in the country...

yeah I know I'm a major long shot. I have to write a letter to the admissions department to hopefully get them to look at my app without immediately throwing it away.

You're writing a letter to them?

You're writing a letter to them?
Yes.. is there something wrong with that? With my numbers I'll likely get screened out, so why not try to at least fight for a chance instead of just getting rejected and saying "Oh well, at least I applied"

So I guess you'll hear a decision soon? :laugh:

Good luck guys, I'm moving to Nashville in a little over 2 weeks and classes start a day from yesterday! Vandy is an amazing school (our class gets to break in the new anatomy lab, 10th floor of a new building, which has touchscreen lcd monitors above every dissecting table!!!) Our class is also going to break in the new curriculum for the VMS I and VMS II's so the kinks will surely be worked out for you.

Rumor has it that VMS has the happiest students in the country...

I am not surprised...their program seems soooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!! This school quickly became one of my top choices...not if only I can find a way to get accepted