Vanderbilt EM: Opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocBrown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to have gotten an interview with them, and I'd like to rank them high up, but just how hard is it to get into Vanderbilt for EM?

It seems like it would be a tougher program to get into. The fact that I got an interview there blew my mind, so I'm just curious if anyone knows any details about it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard they've got a real hunky 3rd year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed. I am not sure how difficult it is to be the final one during the rose ceremony, but I know I would definately put out to be picked!

post pad, btw.
Q

alison_in_oh said:
That's Dr. McDreamy to you, bub! :cool:

Is he of Irish heritage? Why else would they add the "Mc"?

+pad+

They are missing a lot of names though. I did find the real Dr. Mcdreamy he is on a different ABC show apparently Dreamy!

BTW +pad+ BTW he totally threadjacked this poor guy/gal who wanted a simple answer. :cool:

EctopicFetus said:
BTW +pad+ BTW he totally threadjacked this poor guy/gal who wanted a simple answer. :cool:

Sometimes a +pad+'s gotta do what a +pad+'s gotta do.

Actually, I wanna know about Vandy too. What's the scoop? My husband is interviewing there next month.

alison_in_oh said:
Actually, I wanna know about Vandy too. What's the scoop? My husband is interviewing there next month.

I hear they are one of the top programs in the country, at least in terms of placing their residents in "prestigious" reality show positions. :laugh:

DocBrown said:
I'm happy to have gotten an interview with them, and I'd like to rank them high up, but just how hard is it to get into Vanderbilt for EM?

It seems like it would be a tougher program to get into. The fact that I got an interview there blew my mind, so I'm just curious if anyone knows any details about it.

Thanks!
Just to get this thread back on topic, Vandy is extremely competitive. They usually match all their positions by dropping to only 10 or 12 on their rank list. They do well at matching who wants to go to Vandy and who they want.