Vanderbilt Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heelshmeel

Tar Heel Bred
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was invited for an interview at Vanderbilt... and was wondering... I live over 300 miles from Vanderbilt and wanted to know what you guys thought about the option to interview regionally

Would it get me an interview earlier than if I were to ask for an interview at Vandy? Any pros/cons to regional interviews there? Any pros/cons to interviewing at Vandy? Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

I think that if you're really serious about Vanderbilt, meaning that it is one of your top choices, it would be in your best interest to go to Nashville and spend the money. You can stay with a student host and Southwest (cheaper airline) goes to Nashville. And they are very nice.

My experience has been that the people I've met with regional interviews gave the impression that they weren't seriously interested, since they weren't particularly financially needy but in fact they didn't want to spend the time. However, this is just anecdotal and my experience with things and people specifically from California. I say this because I think that a local interviewer could really be your advocate, if you make a good impression. A regional interviewer may also be connected, but obviously is not there everyday. And it would be good for you to get a feel of the place. Nashville isn't really that far out and a lot of major airlines fly there. It's not even as bad as coming for an interview on the East Coast from the West Coast, depending on where you are. If you're not serious and have been accepted at other places that you would choose over Vandy, withdraw.
hope this helps you
chloe