vanderbilt path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vada

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any comments on Vandy's path program. I am really trying hard to decide between Vandy and CCF. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any comments on Vandy's path program. I am really trying hard to decide between Vandy and CCF. Thanks!

I had a hard time figuring out what CCF stood for. I was guessing Central Coast Florida, but now I realize it must be Cleveland Clinic Foundation. The F should be dropped if you ask me.

actually, the cleveland clinic has dropped "foundation" from its name for quite sometime now (to sound more like the mayo clinic). i guess, it will take time for people to get used to this change.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a hard time figuring out what CCF stood for. I was guessing Central Coast Florida, but now I realize it must be Cleveland Clinic Foundation. The F should be dropped if you ask me.

another brilliant post by pathstudent . . . always on topic!!

to the OP: i have no significant experience with the path department at vandy, but spent almost 2 years at their GCRC (general clinical research center) and so interacted with a lot of different departments, and collaborated with their toxicology department often (not sure if its related to their path dept though). anyway, what i can tell you is that although i am a mountain/coastal dweller - and this is almost a requirement for me - i still really enjoyed my time living in nashville. the university community at vandy (especially the medical) is very welcoming and although they can often be pretty self-congratulatory and pompous, there are a lot of very friendly people there. many of the academic departments i know are very research oriented, and very proud of that fact. compared to most medical campuses i think vandy stands out as one of the most attractive (all that red brick . .. gotta love it), and again, nashville offers a lot in terms of enrichment outside of the hospital. great parks, sports, museums, arts, and of course music . . . housing if i can recall was pretty fair, although if you live in the nicer neighborhoods it can get steep.

well, anyway, thats my input for what its worth. congrats on being in a position to choose between two great programs! good luck in your decision

actually, the cleveland clinic has dropped "foundation" from its name for quite sometime now (to sound more like the mayo clinic). i guess, it will take time for people to get used to this change.

True but writing CC instead of CCF is even more cryptic.

True but writing CC instead of CCF is even more cryptic.

And misleading. Where I'm from CC is short for that sweet, moderately priced nectar of the gods--Country Club malt liquor. I'll take a 40 of CC or that OE8 please.

And misleading. Where I'm from CC is short for that sweet, moderately priced nectar of the gods--Country Club malt liquor. I'll take a 40 of CC or that OE8 please.

i recently made a comment to Ventdependent - a regular poster from the Gas forum - that i thought his avatar was in SDN's top 10 of all avatars . . . if there were indeed a ranking, ladies and gentlemen, if i may declare, Ziel-Nielsen takes the award . . . or his Zielness, or Ziel-Nielserino if you're not into the whole brevity thing . . . he's . . . the Ziel . . . so thats what ya call him . . .

long live the lebowski

sorry for the off-topic comment . . . and especially for being off-topic within the same thread in which i criticized someone else for being off-topic . . .