vrazzles

5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2015
Porini
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Decisions, decisions.

I've gotta choose between Vandy and Pitt and would love insight from those in the know :)

Vandy
+++ I absolutely love the 2.0 Curriculum and the opportunities that it offers for customization in the 3rd and 4th years
+++ True P/F for clinical clerkships
++ The small class size of 9x people is awesome and I feel like I would get a lot of individualized mentoring here
++ Very strong match list, particularly in competitive specialties ( potentially interested in competitive stuff)
- Nashville is fine, but as a Tennessean, I would love a change of venue
-- Vanderbilt's medical center is very high performing but not as renowned as UPMC

Pitt
+++ The hospital system is world-class, particularly in some specialties that I am interested in.
+++ Invited to a high-output research lab in my area of interest and Pitt seems to have overall stronger basic science research
++ Pittsburgh is a dope city and I would love to live there for 4 years
++ Match list is just as strong as Vanderbilt's if not more so
- Larger class size and (maybe?) less individualized attention
-- Traditional 2 year preclinical curriculum (though I hear talks about it transitioning to a 1.5 year preclin)

I am absolutely split 50/50 so would love some insights, particularly from current students at either school. Thanks guys :)

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted915325

I would say Pitt but I think for you it comes down to location preference and cost since you seem to love both schools

Apr 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Pitt overall, but P/F clerkships is a good reason to choose Vandy assuming cost isn't that different. Didn't like Nashville when I passed through on a road trip

D

deleted972488

I personally liked Vanderbilt better and think it has a better match list, but both are great schools and have fairly equal reputations.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.