Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaelia

neenlet
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else invited for an interview at Vanderbilt received any school informational materials? I was wondering if I need to request that they send me a viewbook, or whether I should expect one to show up at some point? Their website isn't always a robust source of information, and I would like to learn more about the school before I kick off my personal interview season on the 9th.

I really should get around to finishing that secondary....

Members don't see this ad.

I was invited for an interview and haven't gotten a viewbook. I visited Vandy in person this summer, and they told me that at that time they didn't have viewbooks.

I think owen_osh is correct that Vanderbilt does not distribute viewbooks to applicants.

You might want to look at some back issues of the Vanderbilt Medical Center Reporter . Also, browsing through some of the departmental or research center web pages might give you some useful additional information about clinical activities and research.

I don't think that the medical school webpage's information about facilities has been updated. Quick summary: Medical Research Building III is almost finished; new Children's Hospital under construction over the next year; new Otolaryngology and speech sciences building going up near the main hospital towers (over one of the parking garages). Links to pictures of medical center buildings recently completed or currently under construction are below.

Vanderbilt Cancer Center including virtual tour

Medical Research Building III

New Children's Hospital and Pediatric Outpatient Clinic

Otolaryngology/Communication Sciences/Musculoskeletal Institute Building: artist's rendition and construction photos

Hope this helps.