Vandy Neuro?

Started by deucerp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

deucerp

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any experiences or opinions of the program?

Thanks
 
Anyone have any experiences or opinions of the program?

Thanks

Have heard that Vandy is not a bad place to do neuro but I've also heard that its not too academic (but I think they are trying to fix that with more MD,PhD faculty recruits) and I've noticed they dont have any MD,PhD's in their entire program!! Also Nashville is too small for me and too "country"..But if your into the Opryland/Vandland thing (i.e. country music and not much culture) then try it out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm kinda into that stuff. Was in Nashville for undergrad (not Vandy) and love the city.
 
Vandy is a very pleasant place to be, definitely on the rise in terms of academic power. Dr. Macdonald, the chair, is a very impressive person and is working hard to get make the program more academic. Worth a look.
 
I really liked the program when I interviewed there. The residents are all happy. There is a huge emphasis on attending conferences. The hospital is amazing and the computer system there helps make the residents' work lives more efficient. But, I went back for a second look and was disappointed with the lack of teaching on rounds.
 
thanks for the info about interviewing there. if anyone else interviews there and wants to share that would be great. thanks