Variance in credit hours for programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johncronejr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many credit hours your PT program is. Mine, at Univ. of Central Arkansas, is 126 credit hours. Looking at one of the other schools I had thought of applying to, but didn't, it appears that their DPT program consist of 99 credit hours. That is a huge variance, yet both programs are 3 years in length.

So how does your chosen program compare?

Members don't see this ad.

Ours is 120. Of those, 35 are clinical education/internship.

98 credits, of which 18 are clinical integration hours.

It's just how the individual schools credit the classes. The class may be 6 hours, but may only be credited as 3 hours; or 4 hours, but only credited 2; and so on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ours is 133 credits in 2.5 years (40 or so being clinical)

Ours is 133 credits in 2.5 years (40 or so being clinical)

Mmh, ours is 33 months in length, so 2.75 years. lol and you have way more "credit hours" than my school. Awesome

I believe mine is 105 credits in 2.5 years; 26 credits for clinicials-- 2 8-week & 1 16-week.

I just got my paperwork last night, so I need to look at it again, the first clinical is broken up into two pieces... that equal 10 weeks. Woot. I'll take 2 extra weeks!

Last edited:
Mmh, ours is 33 months in length, so 2.75 years. lol and you have way more "credit hours" than my school. Awesome

Our CI: one 1/2 day/week throughout the semester, one 6 wk, two 7 wk, and one 12 wk.

Mine does not clearly show how many credit the clinicals count for, except for one semester, but we do have 43 weeks of clinicals. They are broken down as a 5 wk., 8 wk., and three 10 wk. clinicals.