Variance in credit hours for programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johncronejr

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering how many credit hours your PT program is. Mine, at Univ. of Central Arkansas, is 126 credit hours. Looking at one of the other schools I had thought of applying to, but didn't, it appears that their DPT program consist of 99 credit hours. That is a huge variance, yet both programs are 3 years in length.

So how does your chosen program compare?
 
98 credits, of which 18 are clinical integration hours.

It's just how the individual schools credit the classes. The class may be 6 hours, but may only be credited as 3 hours; or 4 hours, but only credited 2; and so on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe mine is 105 credits in 2.5 years; 26 credits for clinicials-- 2 8-week & 1 16-week.

I just got my paperwork last night, so I need to look at it again, the first clinical is broken up into two pieces... that equal 10 weeks. Woot. I'll take 2 extra weeks!
 
Last edited:
Mine does not clearly show how many credit the clinicals count for, except for one semester, but we do have 43 weeks of clinicals. They are broken down as a 5 wk., 8 wk., and three 10 wk. clinicals.