Step II Various Step 2CK Practice Scores, Need Advice!

Started by WolveyX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WolveyX

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I wanted to get some opinions about my situation and how to move one forward. I am scheduled to take my Step 2CK next week on July 28 right before the score release delay cutoff. I have been studying for about 1 month so far. I reseted UWorld 1 month ago after finishing the M3 year and finished UWorld several days ago with a score 63%.

I took NBME 6 last week and score a 221.
Took UWSA/UWorld Assessment scored 211.
Took NBME 4 a few days ago and scored 191.

My practice test scores are all over the place. I did not kill my Step 1 either. I am not the best test taker, I miss things I know/make dumb mistakes. I am interested in Emergency Medicine so I wanted to make sure I got a good score and had it in by the September 15 ERAS date. I am not sure though if I should take it and instead postpone. I feel I can get a good score on test day even with these scores but it might be too risky.

If I postpone the exam for a month, is it doable to study during an August EM rotation? Also considering there may be other things going on like prepping for the shelf, cleaning up the CV and personal statement? I would probably just work on questions whenever I could. Also if I postponed my exam by 1 month, how does this all work for applications and interview dates? Sorry for the long post, it's been a hectic last few days since taking NBME 4! Thank you sdn peeps!