Various Step 2CK Practice Scores, Need Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WolveyX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to get some opinions about my situation and how to move one forward. I am scheduled to take my Step 2CK next week on July 28 right before the score release delay cutoff. I have been studying for about 1 month so far. I reseted UWorld 1 month ago after finishing the M3 year and finished UWorld several days ago with a score 63%.

I took NBME 6 last week and score a 221.
Took UWSA/UWorld Assessment scored 211.
Took NBME 4 a few days ago and scored 191.

My practice test scores are all over the place. I did not kill my Step 1 either. I am not the best test taker, I miss things I know/make dumb mistakes. I am interested in Emergency Medicine so I wanted to make sure I got a good score and had it in by the September 15 ERAS date. I am not sure though if I should take it and instead postpone. I feel I can get a good score on test day even with these scores but it might be too risky.

If I postpone the exam for a month, is it doable to study during an August EM rotation? Also considering there may be other things going on like prepping for the shelf, cleaning up the CV and personal statement? I would probably just work on questions whenever I could. Also if I postponed my exam by 1 month, how does this all work for applications and interview dates? Sorry for the long post, it's been a hectic last few days since taking NBME 4! Thank you sdn peeps!

Members don't see this ad.