vascular neurology fellowship applicants for 2025 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobsazeema

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I don't know any other applicants from my residency program so I thought I would post to connect with others in the same boat for support! When do people generally start hearing about interviews and when do interviews happen? What are they interview vibes? I've heard from prior applicants in other sub-specialities that they are trying to woo you and that it is overall more casual than residency interviews but I'm not sure if it is the same for stroke. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey will happily join the convo - I'm surprised that I haven't found much information on various forums discussing this. I think interviews can essentially happen at anytime now. I agree with you that I've heard the interviews are much different from residency interviews and more so geared towards them convincing you to come rather than you convincing them to go. But we'll see if thats accurate or not.

Was also wondering if anyone had any insight into how long these interviews typically go compared with residency ones and what a "safe" amount of programs to rank are.

Welcome! I have only heard back from one program so far - interviewing from mid January until beginning of March - that one is 3.5 hours which seems less intense than residency interviews if I remember correctly
Hey will happily join the convo - I'm surprised that I haven't found much information on various forums discussing this. I think interviews can essentially happen at anytime now. I agree with you that I've heard the interviews are much different from residency interviews and more so geared towards them convincing you to come rather than you convincing them to go. But we'll see if thats accurate or not.

Was also wondering if anyone had any insight into how long these interviews typically go compared with residency ones and what a "safe" amount of programs to rank are.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome! I have only heard back from one program so far - interviewing from mid January until beginning of March - that one is 3.5 hours which seems less intense than residency interviews if I remember correctly
I think we both got a request from the same program. Also the only one I've heard back from so far!

Reactions: 2 users
I would give it another week or so, prior vascular neuro app cycle threads weren't really started till mid-december (with the interview list building up toward end of January)

I was also wondering what a safe amount of programs to interview/rank was, I want to say 10-15 based on prior years threads but it seems like there are more applicants to vascular neurology with each year (can't find the match report for last year to see # matched/applicants)

Hey everyone, got a couple from a few places, wondering if other people are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
Gotten only a few so far..still waiting to hear back from a majority!

Applied to 20, heard back from 7. Mostly regional or where my attendings have connections.

Applied broadly because of personal reasons. ~60 programs. Received 38 invites. Canceled a bunch.

Last edited:
Received 6 invites so far ( Emory, UT Huston, UConn, Florida University, Virginia Commonwealth)

Applied to 20+ programs - heard from Emory, nyu, barrow, usc, ucsd, cedars-Sinai, ucla, uw, Arizona mayo. Still waiting to hear back from a ton though. Interviewing even into late March.

I would give it another week or so, prior vascular neuro app cycle threads weren't really started till mid-december (with the interview list building up toward end of January)

I was also wondering what a safe amount of programs to interview/rank was, I want to say 10-15 based on prior years threads but it seems like there are more applicants to vascular neurology with each year (can't find the match report for last year to see # matched/applicants)
Is this what you’re looking for?

Anybody else heard anything recently? Crickets this past week. Until when do the invites come in so I can forget about checking my email smh?

Anybody else heard anything recently? Crickets this past week. Until when do the invites come in so I can forget about checking my email smh?
Based on prior years, it would appear that interview invites go through the end of January (this past week) so I would not expect more past this point but openings can still always arise as people cancel their interviews.

Not bad, they're all so similar it's so hard to rank though. How's yours going?