VCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raven Feather

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I have an interview on Wednesday at VCOM, does it generally last until 4pm, like the itenerary states? Any last minute tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Raven Feather said:
Hey all! I have an interview on Wednesday at VCOM, does it generally last until 4pm, like the itenerary states? Any last minute tips?
hey raven,
I had an interview at the end of sept. and it was about a half hour shorter than they said it would be. I think I was out by 3 because I was at the roanoke airport by 3:30. Hope this helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Well, I am back from my interview and I think it went well. Everyone was sooo nice and the technology is awesome! It is VERY laid back as far as the interviews go. One of my interviewers told me he was giving me a high score on my interview. I was flattered. It is definately a good sign.

I am impressed for sure even without knowing what the board scores are and such. Every school has started new at some point.

I had a wonderful experience at the VCOM campus during my interview. I liked the style of having three separate interviews with three separate facutly members at the school. The interview was very laid back. I found it to be more conversational and less "check off this question, etc." In fact, my one interviewee told me that I was going to be accepted on the spot but not to tell anyone :)

Great school

ryan483 said:
I had a wonderful experience at the VCOM campus during my interview. I liked the style of having three separate interviews with three separate facutly members at the school. The interview was very laid back. I found it to be more conversational and less "check off this question, etc." In fact, my one interviewee told me that I was going to be accepted on the spot but not to tell anyone :)

Great school

Hey Ryan, when did you interview? I had a friend who was accepted there not long ago who interviewed almost mid October and they told her she would hear something in 2 weeks~and she did. I just interviewed 11/2, and was told the ad com was meeting this Wednesday (a week from the interview) and that they would start making calls then....maybe I misheard her?

I interviewed on Oct 3 and received a phone call acceptance on Oct 19. It's about two weeks I guess. Received the official letter on Oct 21.

Raven Feather said:
Hey Ryan, when did you interview? I had a friend who was accepted there not long ago who interviewed almost mid October and they told her she would hear something in 2 weeks~and she did. I just interviewed 11/2, and was told the ad com was meeting this Wednesday (a week from the interview) and that they would start making calls then....maybe I misheard her?

Yea, had my interview on the 31st, and Megan Price said that the committee meets on the 9th to make decisions. Hopefully, they'll be calling or mailing that day. Small school with a pretty unimpressive library, but the anatomy lab was pretty slick. The fact that VT is right next door is also a plus. The interview day was long, but very laid back and informative. Good luck to everyone.

J-Smitty