VCOM MABS vs. LECOM MMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KJI98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that has completed either the VCOM MABS or LECOM MMS programs would be willing to tell me what they thought about the program they were in? I am not applying to medical school for another year. I got into both programs but am not sure which to attend. So any insights on either program are very much appreciated.

From my research, LECOM MMS only has 50% of applicants actually meet benchmarks and even less end up in the DO program, which seems like a red flag to me. But LECOM as a school has a fair amount of students end up in ACGME residencies. LECOM is also closer to some of my family and would mean that I would not have to move.

VCOM seems to have more students meet benchmarks and matriculate to their DO program overall, and the students that I have seen posts from seem to think it was a fair and doable program altogether. But it would require me to move away from my support system, and it seems that VCOM places less students in ACGME residencies.

I guess my main thing is that LECOM is in a much better location for me, personally, but I don't want to put myself in a situation that could end up harming my future application.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a LECOM MMS alum currently attending of their DO programs, feel free to PM me!