VCOM MABS vs Touro MS vs LECOM MMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darthveddar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to get some insight and advice from everyone regarding which Master's program I should select. I've gotten into some SMPs with MD linkages, but I would like to cut the glide year and attend one of these DO programs with acceptances based on performance in the program. Here are my general pros/cons of each that I've gathered from different SDN posts:

VCOM MABS:
Pros
  • Linkage: 3.6 by the end of Fall semester
  • School: seemingly best environment/less competitive within program
Cons
  • Geography: Not a huge con but I already did undergrad in the south and would like to stay closer to home (Midwest).
  • Not much influence in which VCOM med school you attend after linkage.

Touro MS Middletown

Pros
  • Linkage: 3.45 and passing the comprehensive exam (no AACOMAS needed)
  • Personal: I have a friend who completed the program and matriculated. Not a huge pro but nice to have someone I know there.
Cons
  • Grading: I've heard this program is graded on a curve and can become quite competitive within the program.
  • Linkage: Lower rates of making the linkage from the program to the school.
  • Geography: furthest from home

LECOM MMS

Pros
  • Geography: closest to home for me and within my ideal region
  • Tuition: would end up being the cheapest

Cons
  • Linkage: only an interview after meeting benchmark requirements
  • Admin/School: I've heard a lot about the dress code and unhelpful admin.

This is just a personal pros/cons list, but I would really appreciate any insight from people who may have chosen one of these programs over another. I would also love to hear from personal experiences within these programs. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a LECOM MMS alum currently attending of their DO programs, feel free to PM me!