VCU accelerated program for dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SamTak

I've searched the vcu website as well as this one for any blogs or information about where vcu has any accelerated program for dentistry. so could someone please give me a link or just tell me if vcu has such a program for dentistry?

Members don't see this ad.

I've searched the vcu website as well as this one for any blogs or information about where vcu has any accelerated program for dentistry. so could someone please give me a link or just tell me if vcu has such a program for dentistry?

i think you are thinking of their d-5 program. with that you have to apply to d-school first. if they aren't admitted to any d-schools, a small number of students are selected to do a "pre" year by vcu. i think its highly selective and have not heard how large the class size is for that program.

i think you are thinking of their d-5 program. with that you have to apply to d-school first. if they aren't admitted to any d-schools, a small number of students are selected to do a "pre" year by vcu. i think its highly selective and have not heard how large the class size is for that program.

Yeah, D.5 is a 5 year route to your DDS for applicants who didn't make it in the normal cycle but are still viable candidates. You have to get a B in all 4 classes you take your D.5 year and if you do you are automatically accepted into the following year's D1 class. If you don't get at least a B in each class, you will never be accepted to VCU's dental school. Unless they have changed it in the past year, they accept 10 people to this program. I don't know about an accelerated program but there may be some that you have to keep a certain undergrad GPA and then you can apply early. If there is though, I don't know about it.