VCU anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kittyone16

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here had an interview at VCU before December and still haven't heard from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

yes...i interviewed in November and still haven't heard anything. I called admissions and supposedly they are having their last meeting on wed. to decide who gets in the last round. Also, I asked them if people who interviewed early on get accepted in the last round and they said definately. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply! I thought I was the only one. VCU is so strange in the way they handle things. For most schools, if your interview was that early, you would have heard something already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply! I thought I was the only one. VCU is so strange in the way they handle things. For most schools, if your interview was that early, you would have heard something already.

You had the interview. They said that they still choose people from the first round of interviews in the last batch of acceptances sometimes. You know, the talk on how even if you interview first round and aren't accepted until March that doesn't mean you aren't a worthy candidate...it just means they are still considering others along with you. I like that better. I guess sometimes strong candidates get overlooked the first time around. At VCU you are in the pool until the end so you have chances to get in with the 1st, 2nd and groups thereafter if you interview prior to Dec. 1. I like that about them...and they have the D.5s that they have to choose too. Good luck guys.

I interviewed in november as well, haven't heard anything, dr. healey even went to my college, which basically no one has ever heard of......going to pitt, but still kind of irritated i haven't heard anything

I have always had high hopes and heard nothing but good things about this school, but the past two years they have been kind of crappy in my opinion... From saying that they received my application from AADSAS, to denying that it ever was received... to saying that my file was complete, and then to say a month or two later that an LOR was not present just doesn't sit well with me.

They finally updated AADSAS that says "File Received/Complete" but i'm not hopeful for anything else at this point.

How many available seats left at VCU? Anyone??