VCU CERT Commuting

Started by redpen12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redpen12

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm considering the VCU CERT program for 2011-2012, but I was wondering if anyone who has done the program could comment on commuting. I would be driving from 70 miles north (65 of which will be spent on I-95). How is Richmond traffic at 8 am? I feel like a lot of people drive that distance every day for work, but would it be hard for this program? Thanks for any help!
 
This would be a severely significant commute. When traffic is bad (accident, Monday, 1 inch of snow, whatever), it is BAD. Other times, especially around, traffic is steady at the speed limit. At "off hours" there is virtually no traffic.

I worry how much traveling back and forth to school would interfere with study time.