VCU Cert GPA acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luelinks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating college this spring, with a should-be 3.33 GPA, ~3.05-3.10 sGPA (AMCAS), maybe a 3.20sGPA (AACOMAS). VCU cert is one of my top choices, but are those stats competitive so far? I will be taking the MCAT in January. Also, for those who have been accepted, were your stats similar?

Members don't see this ad.

I am graduating college this spring, with a should-be 3.33 GPA, ~3.05-3.10 sGPA (AMCAS), maybe a 3.20sGPA (AACOMAS). VCU cert is one of my top choices, but are those stats competitive so far? I will be taking the MCAT in January. Also, for those who have been accepted, were your stats similar?

Their 10th percentile cGPA is 3.25 and sGPA 3.1. Competitive? Definitely not, but it doesn't mean you can't get in. Their mean MCAT is 31 by the way.

I had a 3.4 and got in, I know people who had lower GPA's and got in. Your GPA is fine for the VCU Cert Program

Their 10th percentile cGPA is 3.25 and sGPA 3.1. Competitive? Definitely not, but it doesn't mean you can't get in. Their mean MCAT is 31 by the way.

I believe the stats above are for the medical school, not for the certificate program. Yes Luelinks, I do think you have a reasonable chance to be accepted with your current stats.