VCU Certificate Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myfavred

I am a girl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into VCU certificate program and I am just wondering if anyone has completed it. How difficult is the course work and how helpful is the faculty. Please let me know.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

myfavred said:
I am looking into VCU certificate program and I am just wondering if anyone has completed it. How difficult is the course work and how helpful is the faculty. Please let me know.

Thanks

I did the certificate program last year (in physiology) and am now completing a second year to get a Masters Degree. I thought that the program was very challenging - there is a ton of material. I know a bunch of medical students at VCU right now that did the certificate program as well, and they have all said that the certificate program is harder than med school. From what I've heard, the physiology department is the way to go. The faculty there are great and the department is probably the most organized (relatively speaking of course).

I completed the certificate program in Anatomy. I would concur with the previous poster that the curriculum is pretty tough. I would suggest looking into the Anatomy program, I am a little biased, but you will take Neuroanatomy in addition to most of the classes that the Physiology program requires you to take. I think in the end it will help you out more for medical school. PM me if you have any questions.

Hey,

I also completed the MCV/VCU certificate program in Physiology, but back in 2001. As stated above, the program is *tough* but you can do well with determination and picking the right classes as electives. PM me if you have any further questions. Take care and good luck!

DOCTORSAIB
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Class of 2008