VCU class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalhunny

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who will be @ VCU in the fall? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

dentalhunny said:

I would have gone, I loved all the professors and students that I met cus they were extremely down to earth and nice!!! But i love high tech and new stuff so i just couldnt resist maryland's new building.

Best of luck, VCU is an awesome school!

Members don't see this ad :)
finally someone started one of these!!! i am starting there, pretty excited and nervous all at the same time. am not from the area, so finding a place to live should be interesting... hehe.

dental hunny, do you know where you are living?

giggledesi said:
We just went under contract on a nice two-story in the West End.

giggledesi said:

Unfortunately, I don't know as yet. I don't have a car so I'm sure wherever it is, it will be pretty close to the school. ;)

What's up everyone??!!! I'll be attending VCU with you guys beginning July 26! My name is Amber and I live in the D.C metro area. Where you guys from? Whats up with housing?

hey guys, i can't wait to start school and find a place to live! I've been out of school and working for the past year--which sucks--so of course i'm excited. i'm from pittsburgh and i think richmond is so pretty. anyway, i definitely want to rent a house or an apartment--just so long as it's a decent size. i visited this past weekend and really liked the fan/careytown area (i'm not sure if that's near the west side jeppedo). there are also some nice apartments a little closer to the school. is anyone interested in sharing a place??? i'm not sure what most 1st yr students do. my name is jaime and i'm a girl by the way, if that matters to anyone. shoot me an email if anyone wants to start talking about it. [email protected]. where's everyone from by the way??

Hey...I got that email couple days ago. I was thinking about emailing all those names but then I remembered how private and secretive people can be :cool: so...I decided against it. It would be nice if we could identify who we are on the list so we can keep moving. Any of you guys interview on Oct. 24? and my email address is [email protected] (how professional :p )

Jeppedo said:

I ALSO was going to email the list!!! i got a list on the 13th though.. maybe a different one... but then decided against it as well. :) i also took the year off and am ready to go back to school-hehe. i am interested in sharing a place Jaime, i heard all the young ppl live in the fan! but that is pretty much all i know as i am from new york. My name is Natasha btw and my email is [email protected] and sn on aim is giggledesi. looking forward to meeting you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting...2 diff lists...well "what's up" anyway :) Is anyone doing any summer programs? How is everyone preparing for the fall?
giggledesi said:
I ALSO was going to email the list!!! i got a list on the 13th though.. maybe a different one... but then decided against it as well. :) i also took the year off and am ready to go back to school-hehe. i am interested in sharing a place Jaime, i heard all the young ppl live in the fan! but that is pretty much all i know as i am from new york. My name is Natasha btw and my email is [email protected] and sn on aim is giggledesi. looking forward to meeting you all!

i am going to spain france and italy! finally a summer where i can relax... ;)

Hey everyone, it's nice to meet more people who will be a part of VCU c/o 2010! :thumbup: I won't be doing any summer programs or working. I'll be trying to get all the rest I can get and I'll also be spending as much time as possible with my family & friends in Jamaica. I plan to go to Trinidad also. I've been getting a lot of advice from current dental students telling me to chill out and travel the summer before dental school because you dont wanna be burnt out going in. Also, school starts pretty early so that doesnt give me much time to do much.

yeah they updated mine to "offer accepted" when are you planning to travel?
dentalhunny said:
Did AADSAS update ur status to offer accepted?

i was thinking about working all summer or doing research to pay off my credit card...but i'd much rather plant my butt on the beach somewhere! hey natasha, it's cool you took a year off too. looks like you, amber, and i all did. i wouldn't mind settling in in an apartment a month or so early, but it sounds like all you guys will be gone all summer! good for you! well, congrats to everyone!

jcyp20 said:
i was thinking about working all summer or doing research to pay off my credit card...but i'd much rather plant my butt on the beach somewhere! hey natasha, it's cool you took a year off too. looks like you, amber, and i all did. i wouldn't mind settling in in an apartment a month or so early, but it sounds like all you guys will be gone all summer! good for you! well, congrats to everyone!
Honestly at this rate, it sounds like I'll be the only guy going to VCU.

HAHA I am sure you wont have to worry about that... at the school i read class of 2009 was 39% female...

hey guys, wanted to know if any of you know if there is a dress code? Some schools don't allow students to tennis shoes, or scrubs unless they're in lab. Just wanted to know before I stock up on scubs :p
thanx

west side? is that near the fan or careytown? obviously i only know a couple areas since i'm from pittsburgh and i've only checked out richmond once. are you living in a 2 story apartment or house?

What's up everyone?? I'll be there with you next year at VCU. I'm getting pretty excited. I'm from virginia beach and I took this last year off to work and take a couple more classes. I go up to richmond pretty often. I plan on moving to the fan in June. The fan is sweet. There are a lot of young people who live there but its not like a "party" area like a fraternity circle or something. It is really nice there. The west end is the suburb area of richmond. It is more of an area where people with families live. Shockhoe Bottom is the closest to the school. It is the "downtown" area of richmond. It is also very cool. Most of the apartments are old warehouses that they turned into lofts. They are nice but a little more expensive than the fan. My email is [email protected] if you want to email me.

anyone from the Nov 20th interview? Just wondering.

I got a letter today saying that they received my deposit. Woohooo! :cool:

jcyp20 said:
west side? is that near the fan or careytown? obviously i only know a couple areas since i'm from pittsburgh and i've only checked out richmond once. are you living in a 2 story apartment or house?
The west side is actually the Glen Allen/Henrico county area. It seemed like a good area to me since it's not anywhere near the area that had all of the random stabbings. And my wife and I bought a 2 story house, about 15 minutes from the school. Anyone want to sub-let?

Did you send in the first deposit or the second one due by may 1st? If anyone has submitted that deposit, did the school send any other information? Should we be expecting to hear from the school any time soon? Yeah i'm eager as hell :oops:

dentalhunny said:
I got a letter today saying that they received my deposit. Woohooo! :cool:

Hey,

I'll be starting this fall. I'm looking for on-campus or nearby housing. Any luck? No luck from looking at their website or people to contact. Plan on going down in a couple of weeks to check it out. If you can help, please do! Thanks.

dentalhunny said: