vcu derm question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermbytes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested in VCU -Derm program and I was wondering if anyone knew the stats about the program, in its competitiveness, how many people do they interview, how high do you likely have to rank to match into their program? Also, anyone interview this cycle -- what did you think of the program and would you go there?

Thanks -- Good luck on this years match!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am interested in VCU -Derm program and I was wondering if anyone knew the stats about the program, in its competitiveness, how many people do they interview, how high do you likely have to rank to match into their program? Also, anyone interview this cycle -- what did you think of the program and would you go there?

Thanks -- Good luck on this years match!

It's a nice, small program. Doing a rotaion there/having a recommendation from someone they know helps. In the past, they've taken people outside the Match, although this probably won't be the case next year. HTH.

Decent program that is geared more towards private practice than academics. 2 residents a year. The interview format was not the most friendly and it seemed like they were very anxious to find out if you will actually go there.

However, very chill lifestyle. Residents seemed very close knit.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the info.

What do you mean "not the most friendly?" Hmmm thats interesting. Yeah it seems like a nice small program. I am not sure how it is ranked.

thanks for the info.

What do you mean "not the most friendly?" Hmmm thats interesting. Yeah it seems like a nice small program. I am not sure how it is ranked.

Probably better than Roger Williams....lol.

I would say it's your typical run of the mill program. If you want private practice, it's a great place to go and you will get the training in every facet of derm short of fellowship training.

The interview format is very behavioral. The PD essentially pumps you full of questions during your 15 min session. Before you are done answering one, she gives you another, and another, and another without much feedback. There is another person in the room recording your answers. Then she asks you how many programs you interviewed at this season (always a tough question).