VCU February Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csv321

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has declined an acceptance from VCU? I sadly didn't make the December cuts (and I know I'm not the only one disappointed) but just curious if I might have a better chance of getting that surprise email on February 1st...

Members don't see this ad.

hey, i didnt make the december cut either, but didnt know the date for the next round of acceptances. do you know for sure that it's feb 1st?

patel8 said:
hey, i didnt make the december cut either, but didnt know the date for the next round of acceptances. do you know for sure that it's feb 1st?

When I interviewed in early December, the dean said that the earliest my group would be notified would be "early February." I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys instate or out of state? the dean mentioned I think that things tend to move much slower for out of state people...I interviewed in November and didn't make the December cut...I have a feeling I probably won't make this February cut either...time will tell, but yea it's supposed to be the first week of February.

I declined a seat in the middle of december. So good luck!

Yeah...It says on their website that the next offers go out February 1st and then March 15th

Csv321 said:
Yeah...It says on their website that the next offers go out February 1st and then March 15th

Where? I'm madly searching the application status login page and I can't find it. Please help me out.

Thanks,

Lub

PS. I just spoke to admssions office - they're saying 1st or 2nd week in Feb

Just so everyone knows, last year the admissions office was very behind and the Feb offers didn't go out till mid-Feb. Hopefully we won't be tearing out our hair for that long! :rolleyes:

has anyone called or know when the feb offers are going out

I called them and they said Feb. 24.... ?!! :scared:

February 24th!!!!!!!!!?????? Wow. I wonder what the delay is all about.. :eek:

camisho said:
February 24th!!!!!!!!!?????? Wow. I wonder what the delay is all about.. :eek:

Feb 24th, omg....Camisho, I hope you and I get some good news this time around!

~lubdubb

Members don't see this ad :)
wow that long eh?
any idea why it's taking so long to make offers?

All I got outta VCU so far is that I'm being wait-listed for an interview...

chondrocyte said:
wow that long eh?
any idea why it's taking so long to make offers?
it seems like Feb 1st is a target date that the admissions office rarely actually makes, unfortunately. I'm guessing that the reason is a combo of normal delays in reviewing applications (discussions on applicants taking longer than anticipated, etc) and the recent snow that shut down the school for a few days.
not that it makes waiting any easier though...but we might as well relax, because we've got 3 more weeks :scared:

I called yesterday and they said they're running behind. Looks like it's going to be the second week of February.

I'm going insane! This is my top choice for out of state and I was lucky enough to get an interview there. I hope I make this round of cuts. I'm small...I'll share a seat with a classmate if I have to and I'll even pay the full out of state tuition!

Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get some good news around Valentine's Day...brighten up my depressing week... :oops:

Csv321 said:
I called yesterday and they said they're running behind. Looks like it's going to be the second week of February.

I'm going insane! This is my top choice for out of state and I was lucky enough to get an interview there. I hope I make this round of cuts. I'm small...I'll share a seat with a classmate if I have to and I'll even pay the full out of state tuition!

Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get some good news around Valentine's Day...brighten up my depressing week... :oops:

So second week in Feb is next week, but 24th is the last week in Feb. This school is my top choice, I'm really banking on them to come through. Best of luck to all

LUBDUBB said:
So second week in Feb is next week, but 24th is the last week in Feb. This school is my top choice, I'm really banking on them to come through. Best of luck to all

I hope all of us who have VCU as a top choice, (Lubdubb, Chondrocyte, Supercluster...just a few names off the top of my head) get in...

Someone post as soon as they hear something, please! Thanks!

VCU is definitely one of my top choices...I hope we get in but is it next week or the week after?

I remember just about 1.5 months ago - myself, superclust, camisho, chondrocyte, ballerinaMD and some others, were huddled around our computers in the late hours of the night, eagerly waiting on VCU, spawning a post on SDN whenever we got a break from frantically hitting the refresh button on the vcu status page...hopefully this time it will be different.

Should this batch go out without a status change for me, I'm raising the alert to code orange, because the VCU INSTATE waitlist is pretty much like like falling into an unflushed public urinal.

Best of Luck to you all.

~Lubdubb

hey all,

like CSV, i also called the office yesterday and they told me offers would be going within the "next 2 weeks"

she didn't know the number of offers going out though

anyhow, best of luck to all of you :thumbup:

Csv321 said:
I hope all of us who have VCU as a top choice, (Lubdubb, Chondrocyte, Supercluster...just a few names off the top of my head) get in...

Someone post as soon as they hear something, please! Thanks!

of course technically the admissions office just cannot be running behind. But due to VCU's fairness policy, they want to get as much as people as they can scored and on the list, so they don't give too many acceptances to those with lower scores. Instate, its probably best that you hear from them by March, since not that many more spots open up after May compared to the out of state list. As far as out of states, the dean told us that we have the best chance to get in after the May deadline. Good luck everybody!!! :D

OK I am a little confused..So are there two separate waitlists? One in-state and one out of state? Why would the out of state people have a better chance of making it off the waitlist? Wouldn't in-state get preferential tx?

D. Helix said:
OK I am a little confused..So are there two separate waitlists? One in-state and one out of state? Why would the out of state people have a better chance of making it off the waitlist? Wouldn't in-state get preferential tx?

The turn over rate for out of staters is higher because late in the game a lot of people choose their in-state schools over a VERY expensive out of state school. The in-state list moves a lot slower for the very same reason..people would rather stay in state if it comes to crunch time (on and around May 15th) due to the better cost.

I just got accepted to VCU. VCU just updated there webpage. I guess they are sending out their Feb. acceptances early. Good luck to all.

GuamGuy said:
I just got accepted to VCU. VCU just updated there webpage. I guess they are sending out their Feb. acceptances early. Good luck to all.
Oh smack....are you for real? I haven't got anything..I really hope this is it!!
Best of luck to all!!

Hey Guamguy are you on the East Coast? Are you a VA resident? What time did you get the e-mail?

Just checked the status page, it doesn't say offers have been made...(?)

I live in NC..out of stater. I just happened to check the webpage and the status of my application had an acceptance letter! I then checked my email and I had a letter saying to check the website. I noticed they did not change the updates. Maybe they send out out of state acceptances first. Every email I have received from them has been on Wednesday. I know Dr. Heldberg says the computer updates on Thursday. Strange. Good luck to all waiting. And if you have more questions fire away.

why cant vcu just update their page and say the offers have been made? this is so frustrating not knowing!!!! guamguy, if you dont mind me asking what are your stats? i want to get a feel for where i might be on this "list". if you're not comfortable telling everyone its very understandable and congratulations on your acceptance!

patel8 said:
why cant vcu just update their page and say the offers have been made? this is so frustrating not knowing!!!! guamguy, if you dont mind me asking what are your stats? i want to get a feel for where i might be on this "list". if you're not comfortable telling everyone its very understandable and congratulations on your acceptance!

30+ MCAT (10+ on each section)
3.5+ GPA (both cumm. and sci.)

If you still want my actual stats I can PM you, although, I feel like numbers higher than this don't make a difference when you are trying to get an interview unless you are applying to a top 5.

thanks for your reply, its ok you dont have to give me exact numbers. i actually already interviewed back in october, i've just been on hold this whole time. thanks anyway!

Patel8 I wish you the best of luck. I know it is a pain waiting to hear back.

Last time I think the website updated only after the acceptances went out. Ppl on SDN had already been accepted before the login page updated. I didn't know that the system upgrades on thursdays? Thanks Guam Guy

Darn! Another sad day! No email for me! :(

Hey there-
I was also accepted to MCV when I checked just now...I'm not sure when/if I got an email since yahoo seems to be having some sort of issue right now, but I just checked the website.

blah, mid-march it is then. :mad:

are they done sending them out?

camisho said:
are they done sending them out?

Yea, seems that way. Looks like anyone with good news got it last night or first thing this morning. The status page seemed to state that everyone that all february offers/emails were made/sent last night. Bleh.

Another round and no email for me. I also got put on hold today at Cincy. Two blows in one day - really knocked me off balance.

ok has anyone gotten VCU rejections? My status hasn't changed since I interviewed in November, and I haven't been rejected...so does this mean that my priority score made the cutoff? OR, do they just lump all non-acceptees onto the waitlist for June and then whoever doesn't get accepted then is officially rejected? Any clarification will help thanks!! I am an out-of-stater, 3.2, 32, great undergrad and great interview. Just speculating what might be going on - I'm sure there are many of you in my position.

camisho said:
ok has anyone gotten VCU rejections? My status hasn't changed since I interviewed in November, and I haven't been rejected...so does this mean that my priority score made the cutoff? OR, do they just lump all non-acceptees onto the waitlist for June and then whoever doesn't get accepted then is officially rejected? Any clarification will help thanks!! I am an out-of-stater, 3.2, 32, great undergrad and great interview. Just speculating what might be going on - I'm sure there are many of you in my position.

Hey! I think there was one person here on SDN who listed on the Official 2005 Rejection thread that he/she was rejected post-interview. I also interviewed in November and am anxiously awaiting. It was my only interview..so I'm keeping my fingers crossed to at least be waitlisted since I'm out of state and I heard that the waitlist moves quickly for out of staters. I think in March, if your priority score isn't good enough to be waitlisted, then you're rejected. At least I think that's how it works. If someone knows for sure, please share!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting...It seems like a lot of out-of-staters from last year's VCU thread, or actually all of them who posted regularly, got in. Someone got in ONE week before school started...so until the rejection email comes, there is always still hope. At least that's what I tell myself to get through the day...

Csv321 said:
I think in March, if your priority score isn't good enough to be waitlisted, then you're rejected. At least I think that's how it works. If someone knows for sure, please share!

You're right, the out of state list moves very quickly because people choose to go to their state school and pay alot less $$$$ and be close to their families. No one who has already made it to the list (score of 3.4 or higher) will be rejected in March. All the people who remain on the list after the March round of acceptances will be put on the wait list (keeping the same priority score). Those are not pulled-off the wait-list by the start of the school are basically rejected. I hope this helps! :)

:thumbup:
mzafaran said:
You're right, the out of state list moves very quickly because people choose to go to their state school and pay alot less $$$$ and be close to their families. No one who has already made it to the list (score of 3.4 or higher) will be rejected in March. All the people who remain on the list after the March round of acceptances will be put on the wait list (keeping the same priority score). Those are not pulled-off the wait-list by the start of the school are basically rejected. I hope this helps! :)

hey guys, so i got offered a place in VCU but will be withdrawing since my state school showed me a lot of love.

i hope this helps. good luck to you all. :thumbup:

TX_Longhorn said:
:thumbup:

hey guys, so i got offered a place in VCU but will be withdrawing since my state school showed me a lot of love.

i hope this helps. good luck to you all. :thumbup:

I love people like you! Congratulations! Now use that money you saved and party it up while you can!