1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

VCU Interview Feedback

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by RSXer, Oct 29, 2002.

1. RSXer

RSXer :) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
    7+ Year Member

Well, I here's my info from my VCU interview:

Started at 7:30 and there was only 3 of us!!! There was supposed to be 4, but one was a no-show. The day started with 2 interviews - one from a faculty and the other from a student....each about 1/2 an hour long. The student interview appeared to be blind.

After this, you wrote an essay. Took about 20 min. My question: Describe how your parents influenced your choice to go to college and professional school.

Next came the dental assisting. If you have had your hep B series of shots, you were able to assist. Otherwise, you just observed. I assaisted a 3rd year in a composite restoration. We had so much time in the clinic...almost 2 hours long. It was too much time, and would've rather had some time roaming the school. It was still fun, though. So after assisting came a tour and lunch.

This was done by a 4th year. A quick tour of the floors and then on to lunch at the cafeteria. All you can eat baby!! ;)

After lunch, your last half hour interview with a faculty member. Then your done!

Overall impressions: Good school. Clinics appeared to be the pride of the school. Operatories were larger than opther schools I've been to. Patient population appeared to be a little more of a problem than the other schools I've been to. City is clean, and the safest of all the other inteviews I've been to. Interview day was a bit sparse. No lecture from the dean, no introduction, no financial lecture (which I liked actually); lunch with only that one 4th year student. Not much chance to speak with other students. Students seem to be happy there and are a close knit group.

Interview questions: Again, a lot of it was specific to my situation, but here are the ones that may come up a lot:
    -Why dentistry?
    -What qualities do you think makes a good dentist? How does this translate to you?
    -What do you mean by good clinical skills?
    -manual dexterity activities?

Okay. other VCU inteviewers, give some feedback!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rocknightmare

rocknightmare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    any changes on these questions ??

i have my interview there soon so i am getting little nervous