Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

VCU interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by PeterEP, Dec 19, 2005.

1. PeterEP

PeterEP Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it using the search function. How was the interview at VCU? I read that there is an essay along with it?

Thanks for any insight guys.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. danieldoc

danieldoc Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The essay is usually an ethics based question. It takes only about 15 minutes to write. It is usually an easy question. One of my interviewers even joked about the question.

4. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The whole interview is extremely relaxed and easy. The essay is more like a short paragraph answer that took me all of five minutes to write leaving me time to thumb through my file that they left me with.

I have to say, those recommendations that I was not suppost to read were all pretty darn good.

5. DrTacoElf

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My question was what would you do if you had a full schedule and a broken autoclave.

6. coolraz

coolraz Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    My question was "What would you do if you were an office assistant and while filing records discovered that your best friend is four months pregnant"
    Another one I know was "The letter of recommendation your teacher submitted was actually for someone else (though it doesnt say so in the letter) and it was very very good. What do you do?"

The interview is pretty relaxed, but they do ask a lot of questions that are pretty tricky like "would you want to practice in a metropolitan area where your language skills will serve you well or would you prefer the countryside"
    If you think about that one, they're actually asking you whether you would want to practice ina rural underserved area (since that's what they're trying to recuit people for) so you would have to at least say that you wouldnt mind the countryside. tricky if you ask me....

Actually, in retrospect, VCU was the hardest interview i've been to, the next hardest was probably Harvard and the other ones were just chatting. Oh and the Upenn interview was weird too but that's because Dr. Rossman is....quite a character : )