VCU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mayson4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have VCU interview coming up Jan. I do appreciate some advice and some of your interview experience if you had an interview there??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. Congrats on the interview. I interviewed there earlier this year and fell in love with the school. If I were you I would just be laid back and not worry about a correct answer. The best answer you can give is one that is genuine. In the interviews the interviewer is trying to get to know you, not your answers so by answering genuinely they can see you through your answers. Oh and when you get there don't be surprised when they tell you to write an essay. It really startled me because I was not expecting it, but it was pretty easy to answer. Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions.

I interviewed at VCU in October and I loved the school. Dr. Healy is a great guy and he really helped all of us feel welcome and comfortable. VCU is a great school and it is definately moving forward. Don't worry too much about the essay and when you interview, just be sincere and professional. One of the professors that interviewed me asked a lot about the service I have done in the community and around the world. I was also asked about the research I have been doing and then we finished off the interview talking about golf!! It was great! You'll do fine. Maybe we'll see you in July! Good luck.

VCU School of Dentistry 2013!

I also interviewed at VCU in October. One thing that stood out to me is how happy all of the students I met were. They all liked that program and were very satisfied. Your interview day will include observation in the clinics and various other activities. Just be yourself and be relaxed, try to get a feel if VCU is a good fit for you. Do be ready to discuss you personal statement and research in detail with your interviewers. Dr. Healy is a great guy who goes out of his way to make you feel at ease. Good luck to you!

VCU School of Dentistry 2013!