VCU LOR Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atticus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
According to the VCU website, this is what it states regarding the admission requirements:

A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation are needed to complete the application. At least two of these are to be from science professors and the third must come from a dental practitioner who knows the candidates professional abilities through direct observation via shadowing or volunteer work. AADSAS accepts and processes a maximum of four individual letters of evaluation or one Pre-dental Committee Report/Letter, plus the option of one additional letter of evaluation. AADSAS has created this option for applicants whose Pre-dental Committee Report does not include a letter that may be required by a particular dental school, e.g., from a practicing dentist.

I have a question-- I will have one letter from a dentist, one from a science instructor, and one from my pre-health committee which is composed of science professors and the pre-health advisor. will the pre-health committee letter fulfill the last "science professor" recc?

I guess I am confused. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
According to the VCU website, this is what it states regarding the admission requirements:

A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation are needed to complete the application. At least two of these are to be from science professors and the third must come from a dental practitioner who knows the candidates professional abilities through direct observation via shadowing or volunteer work. AADSAS accepts and processes a maximum of four individual letters of evaluation or one Pre-dental Committee Report/Letter, plus the option of one additional letter of evaluation. AADSAS has created this option for applicants whose Pre-dental Committee Report does not include a letter that may be required by a particular dental school, e.g., from a practicing dentist.

I have a question-- I will have one letter from a dentist, one from a science instructor, and one from my pre-health committee which is composed of science professors and the pre-health advisor. will the pre-health committee letter fulfill the last "science professor" recc?

I guess I am confused. Thanks for your help!

It should, but I would call VCU to confirm on this.

committe letter usually counts as "3 science" letters. committee + dentist should fulfill all your reqs

Reactions: 1 user