General Admissions & OTCAS VCU vs. Towson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ottobe21

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was accepted to both VCU and Towson, but I can't seem to make a decision between the two.
I know VCU is well-known and that their program is pretty great, but it's a bit pricey.

As for Towson, their program would be cheaper, but what is the reputation of their school?
I've only seen about one other post about their program on here, and it wasn't the best.

Could someone give me any insight on how to go about picking which one?
I've heard a lot about pick the cheapest program... but should there be more that goes into it?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Because they are both similar in terms of program time (EL-OTD), and regional location, I would take a look at the NBCOT pass rates, and compare in case you haven't already. VCU has 100% each year from what I've seen so that says something about the program (Towson's I could not find) I've also heard about "picking the cheapest program", and how rank doesn't matter, but again, I'd consider how many students are passing their boards. Maybe try talking to some current students too? I personally chose VCU since Richmond is kinda a little medical hub, so I felt there would be better fieldwork opportunities, and it was the cheapest school from the ones I was accepted to. Sorry if this wasn't super helpful, but either way I don't think you can make a wrong decision! They're both great programs! Good luck!! :)

Hi! I went to Towson for undergrad and I also shadowed some OTs that went to Towson around my hometown Baltimore. A lot of the OT’s hated how lecture heavy the program was they wish it was more clinical/hands on. I’m not sure if it’s changed as they are seasoned OT’s