VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zero Cool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received this notice today...

"The committee's file review indicates that they wish to consider your file over the next several weeks before making a decision about an interview. Since they have some reservations about granting an interview, your file will be reviewed again by a small sub-committee before making a final decision."

I know that VCU sends out notices on Oct 15, so my question is are they just stringing me along until that date and then they will reject me or are they seriously considering me. Has anyone received this notice and been granted an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds to me like you're on a "consider" list. Typically, medical colleges put your application in one of three bins: accepted, high priority; waitlisted; and outright rejection. Seems to me you've been waitlisted, and that means that if they find they have spots left, they'll review all the waitlisted applications again and select applicants until the remaining seats are filled. I'd suggest calling your ADCOMM to confirm this instead of taking it from me. Best of luck!

------------------
Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night,
God said "Let Newton be," and all was light.

-- Alexander Pope