Vcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trookie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading through all of the old threads that I could find about VCU, and noticed that quite of few of the posters on this forum have interviewed there. I've already read the 6 entries in the interview feedback page, but would love to hear if anyone has anything further to say. Especially whether or not they grilled you on ethics and current issues in dentistry. Also, what did you think of the supplementary application? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Trookie said:
I've been reading through all of the old threads that I could find about VCU, and noticed that quite of few of the posters on this forum have interviewed there. I've already read the 6 entries in the interview feedback page, but would love to hear if anyone has anything further to say. Especially whether or not they grilled you on ethics and current issues in dentistry. Also, what did you think of the supplementary application? Thanks. :)

Well in terms of ethics the essay on site covers that (at least mine did). The interviews were really laid back and I was not grilled on ethics. In fact i was not asked 1 ethical question in any interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did the supplementary application take a long time to write? I only ask because my interview is on the 19th, and I still haven't received it yet! I have 3 exams this week, so I was hoping it wouldn't take up too much of my time. Thanks for your input. :)

Trookie said:
Did the supplementary application take a long time to write? I only ask because my interview is on the 19th, and I still haven't received it yet! I have 3 exams this week, so I was hoping it wouldn't take up too much of my time. Thanks for your input. :)
It wasn't too long from what I remember -- I spent about 2 hours on it including brainstorming time :)

The supplemental was pretty short, no big deal... just general info. Don't forget your proof of Hepatitis B vaccine and goggles (although they provide some there too in case you forget). The faculty were all very nice and seemed to have a good relationship with students. Hope you get to meet Dr. Foster, he's an interesting guy (with magic tricks to boot). The students I met were all very friendly and seemed to get along great with each other. The clinic there was really nice, but other parts of the school were old and outdated (although they are working on renovations). Overall I was impressed with the school. Good luck to you during your interview!

I got my supplementary application today. It was ridiculously short! I finished it in about 20 minutes.

I've been reading up on amalgam, DHMO/PPO, and new dental techniques/instruments. If anyone else that has interviewed at VCU has any suggestions on other topics I should research, please tell me! Thanks for everyone's help. :)